"She did," George said, to which Fred added, "She talked about him from time to time. He's dead?"

"Dead, dead."

"Where's she now?" Fred said in a haste.

"Our house —We made her Father and Muggle housemates think she's fast asleep. C'mon."

The three Weasleys immediately Apparated to the Burrow and, ignoring the thick, black smoke billowing up above the trees, barged into their house to see their family crowding in the living room.

There were Tonks and Remus, engaged in a tense conversation with Mr. Weasley at the dining table. Sirius was standing next to Harry, watching Mrs. Weasley bombarding Daisy with Episkey and magical ointments intensely.

She had a lot of minor cuts from being showered by broken glass, some bruises on her back, her cheek, and she kept on caressing the one she had on her collarbone. Her left ankle was swollen, littered by terrifying blotches of purple, red, and blue.

Her cheeks and eyes were puffy and red from too much crying.

Fred's expression turned grim in an instant. Fury and fear ran throughout his veins, boiling hot, especially since the last time she was in a state like this, she nearly died.

George wasn't happy either, obviously.

"Did they catch the Death Eaters?" he asked, walking towards the girls.

Hermione merely shook her head.

Fred kneeled down in front of the girl and took her limp hands in his. He ran his thumbs near her bruised knuckles... It was the first time he saw a sign of her fighting back.

Daisy's unfocused gaze seemed to collect as she turned to face him.

"Fred..." Her voice cracked, "It's Dom... It was the Killing Curse, I'm sure of it. I'm sure... It's Dom..."

"I'm sorry, Dee."

Crying once more, Daisy stretched out both of her arms at him, wailing like a little child.

Fred sat down next to her and pulled her into his chest. He let her emptied whatever pain and grief she was feeling, patting her back and murmuring sweet nothings into her ear.

Dominic was about to turn eighteen and head off to find a lover in university.

Write another fairytale.

Meet his destined soulmate.

It was... unfortunate. Heartbreaking.

The Weasleys and their guests moved to another room and stayed silent, feeling her anguish struck deep into their bones as her painful cries seeped through the thin wall.

The first casualty of the second wizarding war that struck close to home.

In loving memory, Dominic James Addison.

✿ ❀ ✿ ❀ ✿

July 19th, 1996