Player 50

"Again, I'm really sorry you still have to sleep in the tent even though I told you it'll be just for one night." mingyu apologetically bows to us.

"We told you it's fine, we're going home tomorrow anyway." Jungkook assures his friend and he bids us goodnight, leaving us alone in the tent again. It's not fine for me! I object! I need to hurry and sleep since I'm catching feelings— cold, I mean I'm catching a cold from the kids' stunt earlier. I could've shared a room with somi now that we're besties but he would be suspicious, and him being suspicious means he would pester me til my wits' end! I currently have no patience with his haughtiness.

"Ya, you better keep your promise not to use my mom on me ever again." I grumbled as I pulled the blanket over me. I'm all covered up wearing a hoodie over my pajamas.

"Hmmm..." he ponders and I sat up, smacking him with my pillow "ya!"

He throws the pillow back to me and lays down with his arms folded behind his head and looked at me "I told you, you'll voluntarily come with me." Cum you mean? Ugh get a grip self.

I rolled my eyes and laid back down, saying, "and as I've said you'll have to beg me first."

"Oh someone will beg, but it won't definitely be me." I cut off my stare down as I turn my back on him.

Feeling the weights of his stare on my back, I turned to back to look at him and he was laying in his side this time, facing me. "What jeon?"

"The competition's in three days." He says after some silence

"You can't blackmail me into coming anymore. We just talked about it." I squinted my eyes at him, daring him to take back his words.

"I was just saying, I'm not telling you to come and watch." He shrugs.

"Are you going to fight against muho? Don't be shy, you can beg me to go if you really need my moral support." I teased

"Don't need it, besides, it still depends if we'll be in the same weight class and he'll have to win the preliminaries to meet me in the finals." There's the smug look ok his face again.

"And you're sure you will win the prelims?" I retorted just for the sake of contradicting him.

"Of course, I'm Jeon Jungkook." I huffed and he laughed. "You look unimpressed."

I faked a gasp, "it shows?!"

"Goodnight, Manoban." He smiles with a chuckle, and I smiled back, "Goodnight, Jeon" I closed my eyes too and sleep. It was the calmest night I had.

🥋🥋🥋

"I was right, you voluntarily came." He hunches up his backpack over his shoulder, smug look on his face.

"Noonaaa you came!" Junghwan brushed past his brother and hugged me to which I hugged back and ruffled his hair.

"If your game is held in a different place then I wouldn't have been here, I came for junghwannie, not you." The place is packed with students from different schools in the region as it's the regional championship. Whoever wins will proceed to the nationals with the chance to join the Olympics.

"But noona we are in different categories and held in different tim—" I quickly covered his mouth, "Oh! Yoshi!! Over here!!" I yelled, cutting him off as I wave the other kids over. There's two types of competition in taekwondo, one is what somi & jungkook is joining, the kyorugi, which is usually for individual matches separated female and male weight divisions and the kids will be competing as a group as they perform various hand strikes, stances and kicks accompanied by occasional shouts executed against an imaginary opponent which is called poomsae.

"You don't have to use my brother manoban, you can come watch me anytime." He didn't even let me respond as he was wisked away since his game is starting, that is also why the kids came over. To finally see their idol in action.

I wanted to deny and act as if I was just forced to be there but I found myself yelling and cheering with the kids as his match starts and proved that he wasn't empty-bragging. He did win, with ease.

"Told you I got the preliminaries in the bag." He brags to me as we walk to where the Junghwan's competition is.

"That's because you're not allowed to spar with the opposite gender, I bet Somi could kick your ass." Although I'm just teasing him, I do wonder why there's such a rule. Are they looking down on women? But looking at how patriarchal Korea is, that's a rhetorical question.

"That, I won't deny. That's girl's an amazon." He responds making me surprise.

"What?" He asks when I looked at him with disbelief

"I did not think you'd agree to that." I thought his ego would be bruised and he'd say something derogatory about women as some (most) guys do knowing their high and mighty pride.

"I give credit where it's due, love." I snickered as I walked backwards so I can face him while saying "Oh really? Why don't you already confess your feelings for me then?"

His bright and playful aura turned serious and I thought he was going to really confess when he pulled my hand to making me twirl back in place beside him, his hand rested on my waist as we both stopped walking. Muho stood in front of us.

"Can I have a word?" He asked, looking at jungkook.

"Just say it then." He looked annoyed and looked around, "there's too many people here."

"Why? Are you afraid to let them hear your blackmail like what you did before?" I couldn't help but butt in. He snapped his head towards me and I can see his jaw clench.

"If you have nothing to say, we'll get going or we will miss my brother's performance." Jungkook interlocked our hands as he pulls me away. Jungkook did not give him a second glance so I did it for him. I looked back to see muho's fist curled up as he seethes in anger. So I was right, he was planning something underhanded.

I felt a tug on my hand as Jungkook walked faster and then it became a jog. We hurried over to the auditorium where Junghwan and the kids are and he sighed in relief seeing him with his friends, doing their stretches. He must've been worried muho did something to his brother.

I gave his a hand a reassuring squeeze and he looks over to me, squeezing it back and lead the way to our seats, not letting go of my hand.