Chapter 12: Weird Fights, 'Dancing' And Interference

Start from the beginning

I sighed and fumbled with the strap of my bag, crossing my arms over my chest. "I have to talk to you."

My mom frowned and furrowed her eyebrows. "Sure sweetie. What is it? Come in," she beckoned me in. I entered my house and turned around, facing my mom.

"Where's dad?" I asked, knitting my eyebrows in confusion.

"He already left. He said he had to do something in the office that couldn't wait." She crossed her arms over her chest. "So? What's wrong, honey?" she asked with worry.

I sighed again. "Mom I haven't slept at Logan's house. I was at Jeremy's place," I paused. She narrowed her eyes at me, grinning from ear to ear. "What?" I asked, confused.

"Oh nothing, honey. Keep going," she said with a smirk. I sighed again.

"I was there, because I wasn't feeling well yesterday," I informed her. Her smile faded.

"Well, why would you go to Jeremy, then?" she asked confused.

"'Cause Jer's mom is a doctor," I explained.

"Why would you sleep over then?"

"I fell asleep and they didn't want to wake me." Well at least that's kind of true.

"What do you exactly mean when you say you didn't feel well?"

"I was dizzy and felt sick and that kind of stuff," I answered.

She narrowed her eyes at me, suspicious. "Elizabeth Beatrice Hope Graham don't tell me you are pregnant!" she rose her voice.

I knitted my eyebrows together. "WHAT?!" The second time that day. "Why do people keep asking me that?" I asked no one in particular. "Mom you know that I don't have a boyfriend and that I'm not the kind of girl who sleeps around!" I rose my voice as well.

"Okay, okay. I apologize. You can't be too sure with the youth these days," she mumbled. My mom knew that I wasn't the person to yell especially not at my family, so she understood that I was serious.

After we both calmed down she spoke up again. "And what did she say?"

"She said that it was out of exhaustion, because I couldn't sleep that night. Plus out of hunger and dehydration." I stated.

"Elizabeth, why didn't you eat?" she asked harshly.

"I was so preoccupied with studying and all that, that I've forgotten."

She sighed. "Liz, you have to eat, that's one of the most important things you have to do. The same goes for drinking," she said with furrowed brows.

I sighed. "Yeah mom, I know. I promise I will do it from now on."

"Okay," she said after a moment of silence.

She led me to the kitchen, where her purse and black blazer lay on the kitchen counter. My mom was dressed in a black pancel skirt and a white blouse. Her hair was pulled up in a formal bun. She went to the fridge and grabbed a bottle of water and handed it to me. "Put it in your bag so you don't forget to drink," she smiled at me. I took it and thanked her.

I walked to the stool, situated in front of the kitchen counter and sat down. "The bride doesn't need me till 8:30. She's sleeping in today with her fiance. We are going to go wedding dress shopping later ."

I nodded. My mom was a wedding planner. She loved her job. My mom was one of those people who liked talking. I think she couldn't work in an office. The whole day sitting behind a desk, typing stuff in a computer. Hell, my mom didn't even know how to use a computer or technical stuff altogether. She needed the social contact with clients. Or with people in general. "How's Stacey?" Stacey was mom's personal assistant. She was in her mid twenty's, very polite and new how to wrap clients around her little finger.