ONE: 9 of spades

First ever story, starting off at the bottom :)
If I ever use the word 'orbs' I give you permission to disembowel me <3
———————————————————

How the fuck did I end up here?

A tall girl wearing sunglasses and bright red lipstick smirks at a bald, tattooed man whacking a tree with some sort of machete as a beefy guy with a long scar down one side of his face stands expressionlessly by her side.

Oh dear, is the only thing my brain can possibly muster. It could be worse, true, i could be completely alone just like i first thought. BUT, it could also be infinitely better. And now I'm gathered in a circle around a table of phones with ten strangers, in a deserted park like some dystopian shit. Not to mention looking like some sort of cult, all wearing these compulsory metal braces with buttons on the back, waiting for this 'game' to start.

Tag? Hide and seek?

"Registration is now closed."

I jump as if I was electrocuted, then scramble to gather my sorry self back together to listen to the announcement coming from the phone in my hand.

"Welcome, players. This game is called Stuck in the Mud. Difficulty: nine of spades. Rules: there are three taggers. If the buttons on your back are pressed, you will start to sink. This will take ten seconds, and if no one presses your button again in that time, you'll suffocate to death and be eliminated. Violence is allowed. Clear condition: there is an invisible Safe Zone located somewhere in the park; find it and have two people stand still in the centre of it for thirty seconds before the timer runs out. Time limit: one hour.

"I'm sorry, suffocate to death?" I mutter incredulously at the now-blank screen.

"You must be new here." A female voice says from behind me, giving the biggest jump scare.

I turn to see that sunglasses girl. She's taken them off now though, which is a shame because they looked cool on her.

"Yes, I guess you could say that." I reply as she assesses me, "would you mind telling me where exactly 'here' is?"

She turns away, "no time for that now, I'll explain later, if you're still alive."

"Good to know you have faith in me. I'm Aika by the way." I follow her to another table I hadn't noticed. This one is filled with all sorts of tools and weapons. I grimace at the jagged rusty blades, not wanting to imagine how that would feel dragging through my flesh.

She picks up two handguns, "I'm Rizuna An."

Got that W rizz-

"Why are you smiling?"

"I'm not, you're hallucinating." I pick up a belt of throwing knives and sling it over my blue sports vest.

"You can throw?" She raises her eyebrows towards the belt.

"You can shoot?" I fire back, looking at the guns.

She gives a little 'hmph' of approval. As if I need approval, I'm awesome. And then she walks back over to the two guys. Do I follow?

I follow her, catching the last few words; "...Last Boss, go to the trees, we need to review the situation."

"I'll come." I say, and immediately regret it as the tattooed guy stares into my soul with his own soulless eyes.

"Sure, just don't get in the way," An says.

"I wont," I say, annoyed at the way she's treating me though she only looks a year or two older.

An and the scar guy head off to the left end of the park, and the bald dude waddles off in the direction of the opposite trees, so I take that as my cue to follow him. I guess his name must be Last Boss, which is a cool title, but I can't help wondering why he chose it. Maybe he had a horrendous real name.

He doesn't look back when I follow him, so the gnawing in my stomach eases off a little. I wonder who the taggers are, and -more importantly- where they are. Hopefully nowhere near. I sigh, tying my short but thick layers back into two stubby pigtails. My bangs poke me in the eye.

"Ow," I mutter, shaking my head and scrunching my face.

We just reach the tree line when a rattling sound bursts out behind us, and the dirt around my feet flies up.

"AIKA RUN," Last Boss yells.

A high pitched ringing bounces around in my ears as I scramble away. Heart in my throat, my feet pound against the dirt, and the only thing I can think about is how I don't want to die. I'm not ready. This isn't how I want to go; bullets tearing apart my insides, my bled-out corpse left to decompose in this stupid park with no one around in this stupid city to know I'm gone.

My lungs are killing me. Probably should give up smoking, but now not the time to be thinking about that. Last boss grabs onto a thin tree and uses it to make a hairpin turn through some bushes. I copy him, and burst out of the leaves to a small clearing.

A deafening silence presses in on our wheezing.

"I think we lost them-"

There's a rough thud on my back, a beep, and my body spasms as a wave of burning electricity courses through my veins. Then my feet start to sink.

————————————————————
Omg exciting first chapter done!! Hope you enjoyed mi amors <3