34) Katsuki's Confession

🍁Ren🍁

I vaguely remember hearing something that brought me out of sleep, but I didn't want to wake up just yet. Or to leave the warmth and comfort of my bed. Unfortunately, my brain had other ideas. My actions from the other day pop into my head, I make a quiet noise in my throat.

I push that to the back of my head, to deal with it later. I almost succeeded in going back to sleep, until the mattress shifts from the weight of another person. I force my eyes open, blinking blearily as a body shifts closer. What's going on? My hazy mind makes it hard to find my bearings.

I blink to adjust to the weak light filtering in through the ajar door. I turn my head and find Bakugo sleeping soundly right next to me. I smile and rest my head against the pillow, admiring his peaceful expression. The haze in my brain fades away, It finally registers that I'm in Bakugo's room, on his bed, with the ash blonde sleeping right beside me!

What? Why? How did this even happen? "Hey, Kirishima!" I glance toward the door, my entire body tenses when hearing Mina's approach. I'm still having a hard time processing everything, and still kinda waking up. "Sup, Ashido."

"Dinner's gonna be ready soon should we wake up Bakugo and Ren?" I can practically hear my heart racing in my ears. I have no idea how this happened. I have no idea how to get out of it. My body is overheated, I feel like I can barely breathe. "Nah. Let's leave 'em be for now."

"Your call. I'll let the others know!" Once they're gone, I let my body relax and sigh quietly in relief. I try my hardest to figure out what the hell's going on, but my memories stop after I left the dorms to clear my head. All I can get are feelings mostly. Fear, anxiety, then they change to positive ones.

I remember feeling safe and happy. I lean into the pillow glancing in his direction. I try to ignore the strange sensation in my racing heart. I'm sure that the others will tell me what happened. One thing's for sure, whatever went down, I know I was cared for. I close my eyes, and allow myself to fall back asleep, deal with all this later.

°°°°

"Ren?" I groan in protest when someone begins to shake me, breaking me from sleep. "Go away," I grumble, curling in on myself. I hear the subtle sound of laughter before I'm being shook again. "Get up, dumbass. Or if you prefer, I'll kick you out of my bed?"

"Huh?" I slowly realize that it was Bakugo's voice I was hearing. I yelp when my body is shoved forward and tumble off the mattress, taking the covers with it. It blankets my body, I groan as I push myself up, and force my eyes open.

I toss the material back, tilt my head back slightly to blink up at the smirking ash blonde. I gasp when finally noticing the bandages around both his forearms. "What happened?" He glances down at the gauze and shrugs. "Got in a fight."

"What?" I quickly examine myself, checking for injuries. "Relax, it was Deku."

"Midoriya?" I snap my head back up. "Why? When did this happen?" He rolls his eyes and moves closer. "Four days ago." He grabs and yanks the covers off me, returning them to the bed. "Wha— four... days..."

I search my surroundings and swipe Bakugo's phone from his desk, then scramble to my feet. I tap the little power button so the screen turns on revealing the date. "Yeah." Bakugo takes the device from my hands, and slips it into his hoodie's right pocket. "I've been out for four days?"

He shakes his head. "Not exactly." He gestures toward the door. "C'mon." I follow him into the halls and to the elevators. "Long story short, your dumb ass got turned into a fox."

"Fox?" He nods and we step into the elevator once the doors open. He presses the 1 and the doors slide close. "I got stuck taking care of your annoying ass." I rub my arm and glance over at him. He's still got Resting Bakugo Face, but like that time in his room, he seems strangely calm.