7) Let's Go Shopping!

(Trigger Warnings: mentions of childhood sexual assault and molesting a minor. If you are uncomfortable with any of the aforementioned subjects don't read the last portion of this chapter. The next one will be a little more graphic so I'll put another warning.)

🍁Ren🍁

I lean against the desk behind me, gazing sympathetically at my crestfallen classmates who failed the practical exam. Mina, Sato, Kaminari, and Kirishima. Mina has tears at the edges of her eyes and the boys look super defeated. "Everyone... I'm looking forward t-to... all your stories about how fun camp was."

Midoriya shakes his head, Sero standing behind him. "Maybe they'll end up letting you go. There might be a last minute twist or something."

"Stop, Midoriya," Sero reprimands, grabbing the greenette's shoulder, so the short teen glances over at him. "By saying that out loud you're just jinxing them."

"He said whoever failed the exams would have to miss training camp and live in summer school hell. We didn't pass the practical, so we're doomed." Kaminari whips around and raises his hand with two fingers held out. "Don't you understand, Midoriya, or did All Might knock the brains out of you!"

My eyes widen when he jabs them into the poor boy's eyes, making him shout in pain. I sigh, then send a limb of sand to wrap around the aggravated blonde's wrist, hardening it, before yanking him away from the greenette. "Chill out, dude." I watch with a smirk as he tries to free himself, unsuccessfully, dangling a couple inches off the ground.

"I'm not sure I'll be able to go either," Sero chimes in and I remember our match with Midnight. The sadistic, dominatrix hero who literally uses a whip and wears handcuff bracelets. Honestly, she scares me a little. I chuckle with a nervous smile as I'm reminded of our match.

I sadly got stuck with Mineta after Sero was put to sleep by Midnight's Quirk. It was difficult at first, but once the little creep immobilized her whip, I encased her in my sand to keep her mist, or whatever it is, contained, then we booked it to the escape gate after grabbing Sero.

"I got knocked out and since we don't know how they're scoring stuff, I might have flunked." Midoriya continues shouting in pain with his hands covering his eyes. Kaminari shakes with anger, then begins flailing his free limbs around and shouting. The door slams opens, so I quickly drop the electric blonde into his seat while the rest of us scramble to our desks.

"Once the bell rings you should be in your seats." All of us are silent as he stalks into the classroom, stopping in front of the podium to address us. I keep my eyes fixed on our teacher, ignoring the blonde spikey locks at the edge of my vision. "Morning," he greets in that tired yet emotionless tone he always has.

"Unfortunately, there are a few of you who did not pass final exams. So, when it comes to the training camp in the woods..." My eyes widen when suddenly he straightens his posture and gives us what I think is a grin. I'm not sure since I've never seen him do it before. It's very unnerving. "Everyone is going."

"We really get to go to camp?!" Kiri exclaims, flashing his sharp teeth and Mina starts tearing up again. "Seriously?" Aizawa's face returns to his usual "I don't care if the world ends today" expression, and I can relax again. "Yeah. The good news is no one bombed the written exam. Five failed the practical, badly. Two teams, of course, and then Sero failed as well."

The raven haired boy stiffens at the news and groans. "Allow me to explain. For the practical battles, the teachers made sure to leave a way for the students to win. Otherwise you never would have stood a chance." I nod in agreement, but seeing Deku's fight with All Might was more than a little frightening.