Chapter 40

Rhythm could sense someone's gaze on her, the intensity of it woke her consciousness. She woke up at the sound of something hard dropping on the floor. Her eyes snapped open, and blinking through her blurry vision she saw Humza sitting on the couch. He was facing her, he bent down, grabbing his phone. His eyes fixed on her.

"Humza?" She murmured while sitting up,

"Good morning," He greeted, glancing at his phone, and immediately standing up.

He didn't mean to wake her up but while watching her sleep like an adorable kitten, his phone slipped from his hand.

Damn it!

He muttered under his breath and hurriedly strolled towards the door, he had to get out of there before she began to ask him stupid questions.

"Where are you going this early?" She asked while yawning,

Humza glanced at her, she placed the back of her hand over her mouth while shutting her eyes and yawning like a kid. When her eyes opened and met his, he blinked quickly.

"I..I... Uh... I ha-have work," He replied and quickly walked out of the room.

She blinked in confusion and was a bit shocked to find Humza stuttering, "Did he just stutter?"

"Hmm" Rhythm raised her eyebrow in suspicion. When she pressed her hands down on the soft mattress, trying to get down from the bed.

"How am I here?" She murmured, glancing at herself laying on the bed. She tried to remember where she was last night. Her eyes moved to the couch at the poolside.

"I sat there, reading a book and must've fallen asleep," She tried to remember whether she came back and slept on the bed but she didn't recall that happening. Suddenly, the way Humza acted, the moment she woke up made sense to her.

Did he carry me here?

A question rose in her head.

Did he rush out of the room thinking I would ask him?

God!

Rhythm couldn't help but chuckle. The thought of him shuttering and rushing out to avoid her questing made her smile. 

She found it cute.

Cute? 

And

Humza? 

NO!

Shaking her head, she walked into the washroom and had her morning duties. As soon as she walked outside, her phone began to ring. She stopped and glanced at the calling ID and a smile appeared on her lips.

"Mama," She answered,

"How are you, Sweety," Her mother, asked,

"I'm fine, and how are you all? Is dad alright?" She asked worriedly while going back to the balcony of her room.

"Yeah, He's fine and everyone is good too," She replied and added, "I actually called you to ask you something,"

"What is it, Mama?" Rhythm asked,

"I... We... We miss you, Rhythm," she said, her tone sad and nervous.

"Can you come home, everyone here wants to see you," she added.

Rhythm sighed, she wanted to go home and meet them but the thought of Humza rushed to her mind.

Will he let me go?

She thought.

"Please don't say you can't," She heard her mom plead.

Her heart broke listening to her mother pleading with her to come to visit them once. Tears began to roll in her eyes.