Tour Guide

The name of the Vitra-blooded tour guide, Eva, has a Hebrew name that means "life." It is the Latinate counterpart of the name Eve (from Adam and Eve). The elf Cordelia, has a name that means "heart" in Latin. The intention behind the name choices is that they have each other's hearts and want to spend their lives together.

When Arthur and Tessia were ready the next day, they were met with a dignitary instead of Caera. Tessia didn't remember her name from the day before, but it seemed like Arthur was well acquainted with her already.

She had soft brunette hair that flowed elegantly past her shoulders, her gleaming greyish-green eyes matched her radiant smile as she walked up to Arthur before taking him in a hug. She tilted her head to the side with practiced efficiency to prevent her elegant horns shaped like those of an oryx from poking Arthur. As they pulled away, even her tan skin seemed to be bright from the cheerfulness that poured from her.

"Hello, Arthur, it is great to see you. It has been a while." She said with a smile.

Arthur matched her energy, smiling at her as well. "Indeed, it has been too long, Eva. Are you still by Seris's side nowadays?"

She shook her head. "No, I try to help out Lady Caera now. Lady Seris has retired for the most part, and is getting some well-deserved rest."

Arthur smiled. "That is amazing to hear." He then turned to Tessia in order to introduce the two women to each other. "Eva, as you probably already know, this is Princess Tessia, the representative from Dicathen for this visit. Tess, this is Eva. She was Seris's right hand during the war. While Cylrit worked on the offensive and military side of things, Eva here worked on more diplomatic things with Caera, like getting the support and approval from various highbloods."

Tessia extended a hand to the Vritra-blooded woman. "It's nice to meet you Eva. I hope we will get along."

Eva laughed before smirking at Arthur as she shook Tessia's hand. "Likewise, but I am sure we have nothing to worry about. Arthur used to talk so much about you, I almost feel like I know you already."

Tessia raised an eyebrow at her guard, who merely scratched his cheek in embarrassment. "You talked about me a ton eh?" She smirked.

Arthur groaned. "I used to talk about anything and everything, Tess. You were and are a huge part of my life; of course, you would come up in conversations."

Tessia didn't expect the candidness behind his answer but smiled nonetheless. His words caused her to briefly reminisce about the past they shared together. They had indeed been through so much by each other's side.

"Has Lady Caera discussed with you your itinerary for the next couple of weeks, Princess?" Eva was smiling, having quietly watched the pair as they had their moment.

Tessia nodded. "Yes, she has. The plan is for the next couple of weeks to go to each region in Alacrya to get a better understanding of their goods and services. That way our future discussions related to trade agreements can go more smoothly."

"Excellent! Well, whenever you are ready, we can... Cordelia? What are you doing here?" Eva had a confused expression on her face as she finished speaking.

Arthur and Tessia turned their heads to follow Eva's line of sight. Their eyes widened at what they saw.

A beautiful elf with silky hair in a rich hue wearing an entrancing smile met their gaze. The elf's eyes widened in recognition as she walked over. "Oh! Princess Tessia, what an honor to meet you. Apologies, I didn't realize you were here already. I just wanted to say goodbye to Eva one last time." Cordelia bowed immediately as her face reddened with embarrassment.