"I'm really sorry..."

Y/n stiffened in her place when Eleanor suddenly hugged her. She wasn't able to say anything, and just stared at nowhere with a genuine surprised look on her face.

"Your majesty...will you let me..."

The princess then let go of her after a few moments of embracing her, and yet she's still shocked. Eleanor stared at her now with a smile plastered on her small lips.

"Will you let me...call you 'mother'?"

Oh. Y/n was just speechless.

Lady Finger and her other other servants around were all surprised. They looked at her, her eyes are now glossy with tears.

A single tear escaped Y/n's eyes.

She never really wished for it.

Maybe only a few times, but her respect and concerns for the previous empress had always taken over her, that's why she never dares to hope for such things.

But now that it came to her by itself.

How can she refuse?

"Of course...you can do that, princess."

"Thank you, mother."

Y/n couldn't help but pull Eleanor into an embrace. She looked from afar, only to be surprised  upon seeing the emperor, standing at a distance staring at her with a small smile plastered on his plump lips.

Your majesty...

Princess Eleanor...will call me mother from now on.

--

The empress set aside her duties for today, and spent the rest of her day bonding with Eleanor. When the afternoon came, the crown prince visited her and joined them.

"Evan! That's not how you make a flower crown!"

A small chuckle escapes Y/n's lips as she watches Eleanor scolding her twin brother for making a mistake on creating a flower crown.

"Your majesty...would you like more tea?"

Y/n looked at Lady Finger, she smiled as she shook her head. "No, I've had enough. Thank you." The empress looked at the royal twins again. The smile on her lips never left while she watched the two making flower crowns.

Eleanor keeps on scolding Evan while also teaching him how to make one properly.

"You have to make it beautiful! How can you give something so ugly to mother?!"

"Hey! It's my first time doing this! And I will never give ugly things to mother!"

It felt like butterflies swarmed around Y/n's stomach as she listened to how the twins pertained to her. What they called her makes her really happy, inside and out.

Mother.

"I don't think I've seen you smile so sweetly like that before, your majesty."

Y/n chuckled, hearing what Lady Finger said. "I'm just so happy, Lady Finger."

Lady Finger smiled as she nodded.

"I am happy that you are happy, your majesty."

The empress let out a smile, she looked up at the sky, the sun was finally setting, making the skies turn orange.

"Your majesty...you would really be a great mother. I hope you'll have your own child soon, with the emperor." Lady Finger said.

Y/n froze in her place, her face became warm the moment she remembered the emperor, and what happened last night.