part lvi

Word Count - 1,900 words

"Leticia, why are you crying?"

Eleanor was still frozen in her place, staring at the h/c-haired woman with nothing but pure shock in her face.

Her hands began to tremble, and it feels like her knees were about to give up from the sudden weakness she's feeling.

What...why...am I hallucinating?

The young princess dug her index fingernail into her thumb finger just to make sure she is in reality. Her eyes twitched upon feeling the slight pain.

This is...real...I really am...

"S-sorry...I-I was just..."

Eleanor came back to her senses.

She stared at Y/n who couldn't stop crying. The h/c-haired woman looked away from her, holding her forehead. It looks like the e/c-eyed female is experiencing a headache.

Even her voice...it's the same!

This woman...Eleanor clenched her fist.

She opened her mouth to talk, but she wasn't able to do so when a soft and small hand held her hand. She looked down, surprised to see a baby girl smiling at her.

Tears trickled down to Eleanor's cheeks upon meeting the familiar blue eyes of the baby girl, as well as her short blonde hair.

"...Hi." Elizabeth flashed her a sheepy smile.

This baby...

"Eleanor...do you want to eat? We still have some food left for dinner. Also, my parents agreed that you can stay here for the night."

Eleanor ignored Hiro who stood beside her.

Her eyes remained on Elizabeth.

Hiro was taken aback upon noticing Eleanor was crying. "Hey, why are--"

The young boy wasn't able to continue what he wanted to say when Eleanor kneeled down, and quickly embraced Elizabeth. "Uh..." Hiro looked at Y/n and Sota. There was only loud silence around.

Y/n stared at the scene with teary eyes.

Her heart has been racing fast, her hands have been shaking, yet she doesn't know why.

She feels like she knows the young girl, yet she can't remember where or how she might know her. And seeing how Eleanor is crying and hugging Elizabeth, somehow breaks her heart.

"W-we should go home..." Sota spoke.

The black-haired man rushed towards Elizabeth. He carefully pulled the baby girl away from Eleanor. "S-sorry, young miss, we have to go home. It's already late at--"

Sota was taken aback when he saw how Eleanor glared at him. The young girl kept a firm hold on Elizabeth's delicate hand.

Elizabeth on the other hand, looks confused as to what is happening.

"Do you know...who they are?"

Sota wasn't able to answer. He only stared at Eleanor. Even if the girl is young, he sees the authority and power that Eleanor holds.

"Young miss, if you know my wife...please let it slide for now. She's not feeling well..."

Eleanor clenched her jaw. Her eyes softened when she met Elizabeth's eyes, adorable looking at her with fondness.

"Sota...can we go home now?"

Sota immediately stood up, carrying Elizabeth in his arms. He looked back at
Y/n, flashing her a smile. "Yes, of course."