part liv

Word Count - 3,900 words

"Leticia, what's the matter?"

Sota looked at his wife who had been standing beside him. They're in front of a food stall, buying food for their dinner.

The black-haired man's brows furrowed upon realizing that his wife seems to be looking somewhere. And so, he looked at where his wife was staring. Only for him
to be confused as he sees Y/n staring at a foreign-looking man holding a woman.

"That gentleman needs to let go of that woman, he might get in trouble. What if the woman has a husband?" Sota said.

Y/n slowly nodded. "Yeah..."

She can't see the blond man's face since the distance between their place and the blond man's place is big.

"Let us go. The sun will set soon."

Y/n looked away from the scene.

She fixed her scarf around her head, then looked at Sota. She flashed her husband a small smile as she held onto his arm firmly.

--

"E-emperor Smith...y-you're hurting me."

Erwin snapped out of his thoughts.

Blue-eyes are still wide-open while he stares at a different woman in front of him, which he thought was his late empress.

Sir Levi and Lady Mikasa got out of the fortune-telling camp. Both of them were surprised upon seeing the emperor holding Hizuru's first princess' arm tightly as if he didn't want to let her go. "Y-your majesty."

Erwin felt painful in his chest, as if his heart was being gripped on, not allowing him to breathe. Bullets of sweat had formed in his forehead, trickling down to the sides of his face.

"Emperor Smith...please let me go."

Princess Keiko tried to removed Erwin's hand on her arm, but the emperor is way too strong for her. She looked at the blond man, only for her to see him looking pale.

Worry and concerned had washed over her for the emperor, and she immediately forgot the pain he was unconsciously inflicting on her.

"E-emperor Smith, are you alright?!"

Sir Levi and Lady Mikasa rushed towards Erwin when they also noticed the emperor's strange reaction.

"Your majesty!"

Sir Levi was able to remove Erwin's hold on the princess. Lady Mikasa tended to the princess whose arm was bruised yet she didn't mind herself, and stared at the emperor with pure worry and concern.

Levi froze in his place when he saw the tears glossing Erwin's eyes.

Wait...did it...happen again?

--

Year 851

"Our territory in the north have been cleared out from the bandits, your majesty. The ministry of war is coming back next month for a full report. Also, the families-"

Sir Levi stopped on his track when the emperor also stopped walking. He was surprised when Erwin suddenly grabbed a maid's hand that was just passing by them.

"Your majesty?!"

He saw how Erwin looked so shocked while staring at the frightened maid.

"Y/n..." The emperor mumbled.

"Y-your majesty...you're hurting me..."

Sir Levi gulped. He knew he needed to do something, especially now that Erwin is already hurting someone, though he didn't intend to.