part x

Word Count - 1,735 words

Y/n's palace became busy the next day, after the second day of the royal banquet. 

The reason why they're busy was all because her maid-servants are cleaning in her palace, while she packs her things with the help of her head, lady-in-waiting.

"I'm certain you won't need that much clothes to bring, my lady." Danaya said.

Y/n looked at her head, lady-in-waiting.

"Hmm?"

Danaya smiled at her. 

"You'll be the new Empress of the Eldian Empire, my lady. You'll have a personal tailor once you arrive in Eldia, you can ask them to make you a set of new dresses."

The h/c-haired lady puckered her lips.

She stared at her dresses laid out on her bed. "But I love these dresses. Let's just bring all of these. Also, I don't want to be an expensive lady once I arrive in Eldia."

Danaya let out a small chuckle as she nodded. "Well, if you say so, my lady."

Y/n let Danaya pack all her clothes.

She has a lot. Casual dresses, formal dresses, night gowns, different types of robes, winter dresses, and her garments.

The h/c-haired lady's clothes are mostly dresses, she only has a few shirts and pants. And she only wears them during royal hunting events led by King Willy.

While Danaya packs her clothes, 

Y/n occupied herself by packing her other things. Like her accessories, personal stuff she owns, like books and her collections.

"My lady...this dress…" 

The h/c-haired lady looked at Danaya.

She stiffened on her place upon seeing Danaya holding her mother's old dress.

It's a gray dress with a juliet sleeve.

"Yeah...that dress is my mother's."

Y/n looked away, shifting her e/c-eyes outside through the big window of her bedroom. "I'll be wearing that on the day I leave the palace, Danaya. Please prepare it." Danaya nodded at her, smiling a bit.

"Her Grace, Lady Leticia Seyfried wore this dress the first time she entered the palace, my lady. While you're going to wear it when you leave the palace…"

The h/c-haired lady didn't say anything, and just stared at the clear skies outside.

It would be nice to visit my mother today.

--

Leticia Seyfried,

...was the first Royal Concubine of the previous King and birth mother of Y/n.

She was referred to as "Your Grace" or,

"Her Grace, Lady Leticia"

The commoners loved Lady Leticia.

For she was a kind woman who had empathy for all people. There were no peasants or nobles for the king's woman.

...Lady Leticia was equal to all people.

Because she came from nothing, too.

Y/n's mother was an orphan, from what Y/n knows, her father, the previous King, met her mother at the orphanage where her mother grew up. Her mother started working at the orphanage as soon as Lady Leticia turned 18, and that was also her mother's age when the previous King met her father. Her father was 28 at that time.