part xxvi

Word Count - 1,825 words

"My lady."

The servants of Prince Evan and Princess Eleanor all bowed at Y/n's presence. Yet another day has passed, and for today, and the h/c-haired lady decided to visit the royal twins.

She always visits them whenever she has time, nor even if she has little time remaining in her day.

"Crown prince Evan and Princess Eleanor are in their playroom, my lady."

"Thank you, I will go there. Please bring me some tea and snacks, also for the twins."

"Yes, my lady."

Y/n head inside the palace of the royal twins. She smiled seeing the new flowers on the displayed vases inside, as well as the new portraits of the emperor's children.

The h/c-haired lady arrived at the room where the twins are. She opened the door, only to be in awe seeing Evan brushing Eleanor's hair with a little pink toy comb.

Evan looked at her, he smiled widely.

"Mway wady!"

Y/n chuckled, she walked in then made her way towards the two babies.

Eleanor and Evan both stood up, their little legs made its way to welcome her.

"Oh my...were you two playing?"

The h/c-haired lady kneeled in front of the twins, she held their little hands and then caressed their soft cheeks.

"Pway with us pwease?" Eleanor asked.

Now that the two are both three years old, they have already began speaking though their pronunciations aren't still perfect.

Y/n smiled as she nodded. "Yes, your highness. I shall play with you both because you two are so adorable." Y/n giggled.

Evan and Eleanor smiled widely, they clapped their hands then kissed Y/n's cheeks, making the h/c-haired lady feel butterflies in her stomach out of happiness.

"Where's fwather?" Evan asked.

"Your father is busy today, your highness. But don't worry, I'm sure he will visit you and the princess later before you go to sleep."

Y/n began tying Eleanor's hair, braiding it, while Evan sits beside her, playing with the hems of her dress.

"I want choco!" Eleanor said.

"Yes, your highness. I already asked for some snacks. They're coming."

The h/c-haired lady has gotten used to this already, spending time with the emperor's twins, as if they are her own children.

The twins are also one of her stress relievers.

Y/n smiled when Evan stood beside her, and began combing her hair. His little hands and fingers attempted to imitate how she braids Eleanor's hair.

"Can't dwo it..." Evan pouted.

"That is okay, your highness. You will surely learn when you grow up."

The h/c-haired lady spent the rest of her day, bonding with Evan and Elenaor.

She even ate dinner with them.

And even bathed them and put them to bed. She felt bad for telling the two that the emperor will visit, but Erwin wasn't able to do so since the blond man is really busy.

Y/n quietly left Evan and Eleanor's room, as the two are already deep asleep.

She was surprised when she saw the emperor outside, who just also arrived.