part ix

Word Count - 2,660 words

"Ladies and Gentlemen! It's my pleasure to welcome all of you to this grand banquet! Today is the day that will commemorate the new peace treaty between Marley and Eldia, the return of my younger sister, Princess Lara Tybur and another special celebration that will be unveiled later on."

The royal hall of the palace is filled with nobles, wearing fancy gowns and suits.

Everyone is holding their glass of expensive wines and champagne.

They're looking up at the second floor where the King and his family are seated.

King Willy is standing, making his speech.

Queen Clementia is beside him, carrying their daughter, while Queen Dowager Ferencia is on his other side and Princess Lara is beside Queen Dowager Ferencia.

Lady Y/n and Sir Lionel aren't with them.

Sir Lionel will be with his sister, Lady Y/n.

"I am looking forward to seeing everyone here in this royal grand banquet to enjoy and to celebrate the same thing with us. Ladies and Gentlemen, I am grateful for your presence. I won't make this speech any longer." King Willy smiled at everyone.

"To officially start this banquet, let us all welcome the Sun lion of the Eldian empire, Emperor Smith! With his soon-to-be Empress!"

The people scattered on each side, looking back at the door when it opened.

Everyone was shocked, seeing the Emperor walk in with Lady Y/n Tybur.

"Lady Y/n will marry Emperor Smith?!"

"I knew it! They are in a relationship!"

"Is this the new peace treaty between Marley and Eldia?! A marital agreement?!"

"Lady Y/n will become the new empress of Eldia! That is truly shocking! Oh my god..."

Sir Philip, Sir Levi and Sir Lionel are behind Erwin and Y/n, following the two, they're also wearing fancy suits but still have their swords with them. Danaya is also with them, helping Y/n with her gown.

Erwin glanced at Y/n, feeling her unintentionally gripped onto his arm.

"Are you feeling okay, my lady?"

Y/n nodded. "Yes. I'm just nervous."

The blonde-man stared at Y/n for a few moments. He can't see if Y/n's really feeling nervous since Y/n looks normal.

"If you don't like this crowd, we can leave as soon as we finish with King Willy's official announcement of our engagement."

The h/c-haired lady shook her head.

She looked at Erwin and flashed him a small smile. "It's fine, your majesty. I can manage to stay here until the banquet ends. So please don't worry about me."

"Well, if you say so..."

Erwin and Y/n both smiled at King Willy and Queen Clementia who walked towards them. The four of them are standing in the middle of the royal hall. "Your majesties."

Y/n bowed at her older brother and sister-in-law. King Willy and Queen Clementia nodded, also smiling at her.

"Emperor Smith."

"King Willy."

Emperor Smith and King Willy shook each other's hand, marking their renewed peace treaty.

The newspapermen around started writing on their papers very fast, while the noble people were still in shock.

King Willy faced the people, smiling with glee. He's truly happy about this event.