"That's not... Master! Please tell them that's not true!" Historia's Mother says desperately as she looks at Rod.

"Mother" Historia says as Rod looks away whilst she walks closer to her.

"If only I never had you!" Historia's Mother says as she looks at Historia whilst Kenny holds her chin and pulls her head up, slitting her throat right in front of Historia's eyes.

Those were my Mother's last words.

Kenny walks to Historia as he grabs the top of her head and holds the knife to her throat.

"Wait" Rod says as he looks at Kenny.

Moments before I was supposed to be killed, my Father proposed an idea. That if I were sent far away and lived a quiet life, perhaps they could spare me.

"Your name will be Krista Lenz" Rod says as he looks down at Historia.

--- present day ---

"Please forgive me for everything" Rod says as he holds Historia's shoulders, "in order to protect you, I had no choice".

"Father" Historia says as she looks up at him.

"I was always thinking about you" Rod says as Eren and Evelyn both watch, "I've always dreamed of the day I could hold you like this. You're special. Royal blood runs through your veins".

"It does?" Historia questions as tears fall from her eyes.

"That's right, Historia" Rod says with a slight nod, "our Reiss family is the true royal line. And because you're special, you're the one and only person who can save all of humanity. Now, let us go, Historia" he says as he stands up, "to the place it all began".

--- at the cottage of the Levi and Evelyn squad ---

"Sannes!" Ralph says as he watches Sannes walk into his cell as he stands up, "are you alright? Hey, don't tell me... you didn't tell them anything, right? Our loyalty to the King is more-".

"I can't stand to hear your voice anymore!" Sannes yells as he grabs Ralph and starts to throttle him, "you betrayed me since the very beginning. To think how I trusted you!".

"Sannes! He never told us anything" Hange says as they look at Sannes through the bars, "in fact, we never questioned him" they explain as Sannes looks at them, "we threatened Ralph with a gun to his back and forced him to read with script we wrote out. That's all".

Sannes lets go of Ralph as they both stumble away from each other.

"Then I betrayed the King?" Sannes asks in shock as he falls to his knees.

"You devils!" Ralph says as he looks at Hange and Moblit who start to walk away.

"I'm not trying to deny it, but I'm sure Nick thought the same thing about you" Hange says as they turn around to look at the two of them as they adjust their glasses, "that's why I said what I did. That I was beginning to feel sorry for you. Look how pathetic you are! Grown-ass men wailing and crying! It serves you right, morons! See how you like spending the rest of your lives shitting in a tiny cell! See you".

"Next in line. This role of ours... there's order to it" Sannes says as he looks down, "when one's role is done, another steps into the act to start again. And thus, the world can never be rid of it. Good luck, Hange".

"Section Commander?" Moblit questions as he watches Hange walk away.

Hange makes it upstairs as they shut the door behind them, taking a deep breath before kicking the table, sending it flying over the other side of the room as Levi walks down the stairs as they both look at each other.