Chapter 17: Battle of the Individual Musicians

Începe de la început

     "I love you too, buddy."

     "Y/N?"

     I blinked away sudden tears that I hadn't known were there and said, "Huh? Yeah, what is it?"

     "Where you daydreaming again?"

     I hesitated. "Yeah."

     "What about?"

     "Uhhh..."

     I can't tell him that... I can't. I can't! I CAN'T!

     "My story!" I blurted.

     "Oh really? I didn't know you wrote."

     "Uh, yeah!" I said. I hadn't meant to bring that up, but I continued anyway. "It wasn't in my file or anything because it's just a little thing I do on the side... I just had this really great idea for my next chapter because I was stuck earlier," I rambled. "I had a general idea of what I wanted to happen! I had the chapter title and I even drew some chapter art-"

     "You draw, too?"

     I stopped. I certainly hadn't meant to go thereWow, he's really listening. "Y-yeah... That part I'm not so... um..."

     "Open about?"

     "Yeah."

     "I see... Well, I think it's actually quite impressive. You sing, play the piano and electric guitar, you're a genius, and now you write and draw! What can't you do?"

     "I can't dance," I replied automatically.

     "Anyone can dance, so I won't be accepting that," Freddy responded.

     "No, I mean, I really can't. If you shove me on the dance floor, I still won't dance because I wasn't close enough to the dance floor to begin with."

     "That sounds more like a fear of dancing in public. I still don't believe you."

     "I'm not joking, Freddy. You can't pay me to dance!"

     "Hmmm... Can we bet on it?"

     Oh no. Not one of these again. Wait...

      "Before we go around starting a new bet, I need to decide what I'm going to do with you since I won that last one."

     He flinched visibly. "Oh... Now I'm actually scared."

     I laughed. "Quit your whining, it won't be that bad. This isn't truth or dare."

     "... What's truth or dare?"

     I spluttered, "Wha- but- huh?!?! Who made you?! This is outrageous!"

     "Should I start making a list?" he joked.

     I groaned. "This is just so... so... argh! You're killing me, Smalls!"

     "... Pardon?"

     I yelled, "Geez! Okay, first thing on the list, watch The Sandlot. Then Flight of the Navigator. And then we'll play truth or dare. Then... have your ever seen Teen Beach Movie?"

     "No."

     All bets were forgotten at that point. I exclaimed, "Never mind! Teen Beach Movie is first!"

     He laughed. "There sure is a lot I'm missing out on. Perhaps we'll have to find a day where we can do all of these things."

     "Yes!"