XIV. Adjusting

Next morning
Hastinapur Raj Sabha

Alia's POV

" Taking the new information that has come to light , into consideration. I have made my decision. Karn, although the son of Kunti, cannot be considered as Pandu's heir, which means that he cannot be crowned as king of Hastinapur. Moreover, he himself has expressed his wish to not be crowned as the King. However, I feel that, as a form of apology, for all the insults hurled his way by the royal family, a portion of the Kingdom should be awarded to him. I, Maharaj Dhridhrashtr of Hastinapur, award Khandavaprasth to Kaunteya Karn." Maharaj said.

Which place is this? I've never even heard of such a place!

" As for the Yuvraj of Hastinapur, I give that position to Dusshasan, since both Duryodhan and Yudhishtir have rejected the throne." He said.

Huh? That guy? He is literally the puppet of Gandhar Raj! What on earth is going on here? Why is no one opposing him?

The Pandavas keep mum, so do the Kauravas. Judging by the look on Rajkumar Duryodhan's face, he himself does not like the idea of his brother getting the throne. I mean, does that guy even deserve it?

I guess everyone is just trying to avoid a conflict. Anyways, the court was dismissed after discussing a few more state affairs.

Me and Drau went to my room to just talk about all the new developments.

" Angrani, Angraj is requesting your presence in the royal garden. " Said one of the servants.

" Thank you for the information Jiji." I told her.

I left for the garden. You see, when I heard that my husband was requesting my presence, I only expected him to be there. Not my husband surrounded by the Pandavas and 3/100 of the Kauravas.

" Let us also come along with you Jyesht. You said you will only forgive us if you see a change in our behaviour. How will you observe us if we are not near you?" Said Raj- Bhrata Arjun.

New terms, newly unearthed relationships. Yeap.

Gonna take a while getting used to it.

" Jyesht, let us also come with you. We will give you moral support and help you with everything and anything." Said Rajku- nope. Bhrata Suyo.

" But , I cannot just take all of you with me. You are all desendants of the Kuru dynasty. This is your home." Arya said.

" Yea , but you are our family. You were kept away from us all this time. We need to have family time. Let us come with you Jyesht. We promise, we will be useful." Said Bhrata Chitrasena.

These kids.....well, they are older than me...but oh well. As long as no one spots me, its fine. Maybe i will just sneak out of here silently. No one noticed me arr-

" Bhabhishree is here! I am sure she will support us. " Came the voice of Bhrata Nakul.

Damn it! Just when I thought I could escape.

" Yes Bhabhishree! We promise you we will be very useful to you. You guys can take of the kingdom and we will take care of you and Jyesht." Said Bhrata Suyo.

Ummm, you see their offer is very tempting. Nope, not because they are the most charming group of people that I have ever met. Nope. It is only because, if they all come along, I will get to see Drau everyday!

" Well......I think it is a good idea....but, BUT. You guys should not fight, or insult or hurt each other in any way, shape or form. The minute I see- no, the minute that I get the smallest doubt that any one of you is fighting with another, we will banish you from the kingdom. And NO second chances. If you all agree to that condition, then ok." I said.