XII. Conflicted hearts - I

Karn's POV

I told Radha ma everything that Rajmat- Mata Kunti told me. She has just been sitting quietly. Alia went and hugged Mata to try to comfort her. A small part of me is hoping for her to say that Mata Kunti was mistaken. ThatI was Radha Ma's son in every way possible.

"Mata, please tell me something. Anything at all." I pleaded.

" I don't know what to say Putr. Whatever Rajmata said is true. We did get you as a boon from Mata Ganga. You came in a basket filled with lotuses. But, we cherished you. We loved you. No matter what you decide, you will always be OUR son and Alia will always be OUR bahu. Me and your pitashree will always love you. Forever. Nothing can ever change that." She cried.

No....I cannot see Radha Ma cry. She....just no.

" Mata can we both stay here tonight. I just want to lay in your lap and forget about everything else." I said.

"What sort of question is this Vrisha? Will a person ever ask for permission to stay in his own house. Come inside. Come in Putri. Yiu both are always welcome here. You are my children." She said and ushered us in.

Draupadi's POV

Lili has gone to Angraj's house. I honestly do not know what is going to happen now. U am taking a stroll around the palace with Arya. He has been talking about something, but I can't really pay attention. I just kept nodding at times when I thought it was appropriate

" Panchali " Came his voice from the back.

Why is he behind?

I turned around. He walked forward and faced me.

" What happened Panchali? Why do you seem so lost? What is bothering me? You can tell me anything. I'll try my best to help you , love." He said.

What do I tell him? I could lie but I've lied to him enough. Maybe I should hint at the truth but lie just a little bit? okay

"Arya, the thing is-"

"Sorry Bhabhishree , but Mata asked us all to go to her chambers. She said it was very urgent." My saviour for the moment said.

" What happened Dev?" Arya asked as well all started walking.

Oh the moment of truth. This makes me more nervous. Oh God! Please help up all!

Alia's POV

Arya slept on Radha Ma's lap. It is the most peaceful thing that I have witnessed today. It is scary to think what tomorrow might bring. What would people say? How many taunts would he have to bear?

What did he do to deserve this? Why does he have to go through this? I will never leave his side. Wherever he goes....I will follow.

I am also worried about Drau. What if the pandavas turn completely against Arya? What will happen to us? How will we talk freely when our husbands are at war with each other? Oh Mahadev, please help me!

Draupadi's POV

Silence has never been so loud.

Mata told everyone the truth. No one has uttered a single word till now. They all just keep looking down at the floor with guilt, sadness and anger. I am just patting Arya's arm hoping it would magically make him feel better. He occasionally gives a smile which I think he thinks makes me feel betterm I just play along and smile at him too. I wish I could do something.

"How could you do this Mata? Why would you do this? You have committed such a grave sin!" Bhrata Yudhishtir said.

"I know putr. I am guilty." Mata Kunti said weakly.