"You'll figure it out, Yeonjun. You always figure it out. Now come tell me what you want for breakfast." She smiles sweetly. "It's a big day today."

She grabs him by the hand, leading him to the kitchen. She turns on the television as they gather things to eat. They always start their day with breakfast and the morning news.

Like a couple with their coffee and morning paper.

"Local police believe that this is not a random act of violence. But, rather, a back and forth between two gangs." The news woman speaks as she stands outside of a taped off area.

"The man murdered was Quentin Biggs, known on the south side of town as just 'Biggs'. During the summer of last year, he was indicted for his possible connection to a string of murders that took place on the east side of town. But he was eventually let go because of lack of evidence against him. Prior to that, Quentin Biggs did a seven year sentence as part of a plea deal for gun possession. Investigators say that this was not the beginning of this war of violence as one of Bigg's acquaintances was murdered just three weeks ago. It's something that investigators say is 'likely not to be the end'. Thank you for tuning into Channel Four news . Please stay tuned as we find out more."

"Ugh." Tula groans as the segment ends. "I'm so glad we moved. It's just getting progressively worse. This is going to start a war. Biggs was like the south side prince."

"Yeah." Yeonjun agrees as he pours himself a bowl of chocolate Lucky Charms. "Whoever killed him really must be one cocky son of a bitch. In front of his mother's house? He's got kids."

He shakes his head as he stand his cereal into the bowl.

"It's going to be really dangerous over there now." Tula says.

"Yeah... we should talk to your mom about moving again. I don't think it's a good idea for her to stay."

"She's not going to move, Yeonjun. She's been over there all her life.

"Yes but it's not safe, Tula."

"And it's never going to be safe. What do you want us to do? Move the hood out the hood? And do what? Move to where the cops will kill us on sight? Where we gotta explain that we actually do live on this street. That this actually is my Mercedes. Where we gotta call the cops first and just hope that they don't assume we're the aggressor?"

Yeonjun looks down into his bowl of cereal, the reality and guilt of it all coming to realization.

"You got your family out the hood because you stayed in school and went to college, baby. Not everybody can do that." Tula says softly. "The system is almost designed for us not to."

Yeonjun swallows thickly as he chews his cereal. He stares back at the television as Quentin Biggs photo pops up. He stares at it as he sighs.

He wishes there was a better way.

######
8:15 A.M.

"Okay, here are two of his bottles. His formula, a sleeve of diapers. His pacifier is clipped to his onesie and Yoongi has his play mat in his room. I think I got everything."

Harper stands before Mr. and Mrs. Min looking at everything she's given to them. They blink at her before looking to their son whose holding Onyx.

"Baby, we're not going to be gone that long. And they've watched him before. They've got this."

"Well, I know." Harper says. "But this time could be different and we don't know how long we'll be gone or what's going to happen after or if he'll need something new or extra or different this time so I just-."