Just Say It

Jimmy's Perspective-

"Stop it, Grian. You and me both know that whatever you say is not going to work." Jimmy shut down his friend's idea.

"But- "

"No. You saw it when Scott walked over to Tom and how they immediately started talking and smiling."

"It's because they're- "

"Friends." Jimmy scoffed, "I've seen them- "

"TOM LIKES SOMEONE ELSE WILL YOU SHUT THE FUCK UP!"

Jimmy silenced.

"Thank you." Grian sighed.

Jimmy gave him the stink eye.

"And how do you know that?"

"Because he told me."

"What?"

Grian shook his head and said dramatically,
"But alas, you don't want to know. You don't want to listen to me. You just cut me off and finish my sentence; so clearly you either don't want to know or you already know."

Grian smirked.

"Will you please just tell me?"

"No."

Jimmy sighed.

"Tim, this is your life."

"You're just happy that I can't make fun of you about Scar."

-

Jimmy walked into lunch with Grian.

"Where're you going?" Jimmy asked as Grian started to walk in a different direction.

"I'm sorry; I promised Scar I would sit with him."

"You mean your boyfriend?" Jimmy asked in a mocking voice.

Grian shook his head and then he looked behind Jimmy.

"Looks like Scott and Tom are coming over here. Why don't you sit with them? I think Lizzie and Joel are cleaning up in their science class. Apparently, we're doing an experiment and theirs didn't go too well."

Jimmy nodded and sat down at a table by himself.

He took out his history homework and textbook and started writing dates down.

"Er- hey, can we sit here? Every other table's full."

Jimmy, without looking up said,
"Joel, Lizzie, you don't need to ask, you can sit down."

There was a Scottish laugh and Jimmy looked up, blushing.

"That's the second time you've called me Lizzie."

Tom and Scott were standing in front of him.

Tom wore a big smile while Scott looked incredibly nervous.

Jimmy sighed and looked back down at his work.

"Sure, you guys can sit down."

Tom and Scott sat down in silence.

All they could hear were other people's conversations and Jimmy's pencil and pages flipping.

"You guys can talk." Jimmy said, "Don't let my presence stop you."

Tom got up and patted Scott's back.

"I gotta use the restroom."

Scott gave him a pleading look but when Tom didn't sit back down, he sighed and turned towards Jimmy.

They didn't say anything.

"So how's it going with Tom?" Jimmy asked coldly.

"Why does everyone think we're dating?!" Scott asked, laughing a bit, but when Jimmy didn't smile or laugh back, Scott quieted down.

"Look, me and Tom are just friends."

"Uh- huh." Jimmy said, "Then why haven't you been saying anything about last week and instead ditched me to hang out with some other guy?!"

By the look on Scott's face, he just realized how he made Jimmy feel.

"Yeah, I feel hurt." Jimmy said, rudely, "Do you know what it feels like to have the boy that you like leave you after they kissed you?! When they leave you for someone else?!"

Scott opened his mouth, but Jimmy shook his head and slammed his book shut.

"No. You don't."

Jimmy got up and stormed over to where Grian and Scar were sitting.

Scott said something but Jimmy shook his head again and ignored him.

—————————————————————
I love writing angst. I'm sorry but you guys have to deal with it. I hope you enjoyed this chapter because I really liked writing it! And in case you are wondering, Tom does in deed like someone else ( I'll mention it in another chapter). For now, thanks for reading and happy Friday!