Gay Panic

Scott's Perspective-

Scott drove back to his home in silence.

He wasn't even playing any music.

He was just thinking about what he had done.

I can't believe I did that. I'm such an idiot. Why would I do that?!

Scott continued to scold himself.

WHAT THE FUCK WAS I THINKING DOING THAT SO SOON?!

Scott slammed on the brakes, not realizing how the light had turned red.

Shit. Scott sighed; I can't be doing this. Kissing a random, cute boy that I've only known for a week. What's gotten into me?

The car behind him honked and Scott realized that it was a green light.

I used to NEVER be like this. I would take time to get to know them. Maybe start to hold hands and stuff, but not straight up KISS THEM!

Scott turned the corner and drove up the driveway to his house.

I knew moving might help me find out a different part of myself, but not like THIS!

Scott locked his car and unlocked the front door to his family's house.

"I'm home!" He called as he entered.

"Hi Scott!" His mother ran up and hugged him, "How are you? Sorry about last night, but the weather wasn't good at all."

Scott nodded, still arguing with himself in his head.

"Are you alright? You look as though you want to kill yourself." His mother joked.

But by the look on Scott's face she added, "You don't, right?"

Scott chuckled lightly and shook his head, "I'm alright mom. Just tired."

"Didn't sleep well?"

"Guess not." Scott shrugged, walking into his room.

He decided to hang up some posters he had in a box.

Scott grabbed his favorite poster (a red poppy in a flower forest) and hung it up above his bed.

His bed had a gray stag on snow, and it had gold and teal in the background.

Scott then felt his phone buzz.

He picked it up and saw that Jimmy had texted him.

Oh shit, oh bloody hell.

Scott held his breath as he opened up the text message.

'Hey Scott! I just wanted to tell you that I still have the beanie you gave me earlier.'

Scott breathed a sigh of relief but was also a bit disappointed.

I guess he doesn't want to bring up what happened. Does that mean I made a wrong move? Does he hate me now?! I bet he didn't want me to do that and is acting like nothing happened.

Scott thought about the person he used to date (who he broke up with after a year).

The guy's name was Eliot.

Eliot was very nice and caring, but eventually, he cheated on Scott.

Scott found out and broke up with him, and it really hurt.

It felt like betrayal.

Scott didn't want to go through that again, but he also really liked Jimmy.

I guess I should just act like I did nothing and not do anything like that ever again! That way I won't get hurt! ...this is a good decision, right?