38. Hammer of the Gods

Start from the beginning

"Isn't this place... in the middle of nowhere?"

"So?"

"So what's a four-star hotel doing on a no-star highway?"

A woman moaned pleasurably on the other side of the wall. A bed thumped, people chuckled, then a loud thud accompanied the brick wall of the room to be smashed in from the other side, almost knocking the LCD flat screen television off the wall.

INT. HONEYMOON SUITE

The brothers and Elena opened the door to the room to find it empty. Dean found a large engagement ring on the floor.

"Hello?" Dean called.

"Hello?" Sam and Elena repeated.

INT. ELYSIAN FIELDS HOTEL LOBBY

"The, uh, the room next to ours -- t-the couple that are, uh, joined at the lips -- have you seen them?" Dean wondered.

"Mr. and Mrs. Logan -- the honeymooners?" Chad questioned. "They checked out. Is something the matter?"

"They checked out?" Sam asked.

"Mm-hmm. Mm, just now."

"Really? It sort of seemed like they were, uh..." he chuckled, "...in the middle of something."

"Yeah, it's kind of weird for honeymooners to, uh, check out without this." Dean held up the engagement ring.

"Oh, dear," Chad said. "I'll just put that right in the lost and found. Don't you worry. Is there anything else I can help you with?"

"Uh, no," Elena replied. "No, we're good."

"Super-fantastic."

"Creepy," Sam commented.

"Broke the needle," Dean stated. "All right, well, I'll scope out the joint, and you and Elena keep an eye on Norman Bates over here. I mean, one night off. Is that too much to ask?"

Sam and Elena followed Chad as he left the front desk, but lost sight of him near the vending machines. There was a slicing sound and Sam reached for his neck, where a fresh cut had appeared.

Elena frowned and pulled Sam's neck down so she could see. "What's going on? Sammy, you okay?"

"I'm fine. Do you have a tissue or something?"

She nodded and pulled out a tissue, placing it to his cut.

INT. ELYSIAN FIELDS HOTEL HALLWAY

Dean exited the elevator and pulled out an EMF detector. He passed a room with its door open and an elephant was holding a towel. Dean took a few steps back to look again, and saw a man wrapping a towel around his torso.

"This ain't no peep show, man!" the man told him.

INT. ELYSIAN FIELDS BUSINESS SUITE

"You're beautiful," Baldur commented.

"You're sweet," Kali replied, pausing a beat. "I hate sweet."

Chad, who was no longer wearing his name badge, cleared his throat. "Sorry to interrupt. The last guest just arrived."

"So everything's ready?" Baldur asked.

"As it will ever be. Pantry's full."

"And the Winchesters and the goddess?"

"Suspicious, but under control."

"You have their blood?" Kali questioned.

"Of course I do. I'm quick. Boys and girl never even knew what hit them."