That, and an alarming letter from Ginny. Daisy saw it right before she went downstairs to see what the ruckus was all about.

Are you awake?

Harry and the others saw Umbridge trying to sack Hagrid. He's on the run now, headed to the woods. None of Umbridge's cronies dared to enter the Forbidden Forest, so he should be safe by now. But Professor McGonagall was hit by four Stunners, and got carried into the Hospital Wing. Snape came scurrying in minutes later, probably to give her some replenishing potion, and hasn't come out since.

Stay safe, Daisy wrote back hurriedly. I'm leaving the paper in my room now. Get some rest.

You, too.

Pulling a robe over her petite figure, Daisy came down the stairs to see Sirius, Moody, and Tonks sitting on the table. Remus levitated mugs of hot beverages towards each of them. Daisy could see the tip of Kreacher's snout behind the door, but the elf seemed to have retreated back to its lair just minutes later.

"Daisy, right," Tonks breathed out. Her hair was in a deep shade of purplish blue, contrasting well with her pale skin. "Sorry. It's just—"

"It's McGonagall, she's been admitted to St. Mungo's," Moody said gruffly. "And Hagrid's disappeared, so we're down two members inside of Hogwarts."

"What? What happened?" Sirius demanded.

"Four Stunners to the chest. Her poor heart could only take so much," Tonks said, sniffling.

"Hey, hey... She's gonna be okay," Remus said soothingly to her, running his hand down her back rhythmically. "It'll be okay, Tonks."

"Our resources are stretching thin, but we should put an eye on her around the clock. This could be the start of You-Know-Who's scheme to take down Order members one by one."

"Do the others know?" Daisy asked, pulling up a chair next to Sirius.

"No, just us and Kingsley. We're gonna alert the Ministry people using Patronus. You two, let the Weasleys know and to contact Dumbledore, wherever he's hiding. Tell 'em we're having a meeting here."

"Now?"

Moody hummed, "No, no, it's essential but not urgent. Tonight should be fine. We should find out more about Hagrid, where he's hiding—"

"He ran into the Forbidden Forest."

The four adults looked at her, bewildered.

"He should be safe. Professor Umbridge wouldn't go in there."

"How did you know about that?" Sirius asked.

"It's— Well, trust me, I have my means. Confidential, of course."

✿ ❀ ✿ ❀ ✿

June 18th, 1996