"It's brilliant!" Fred added, "Gave George and I some ideas for a more serious line for our shop."

Bill paused to think for a minute.

"Daisy, can you make more of this?"

"Of course. What for?"

"For us, Order members." The eldest Weasley's tone suddenly turned grim and serious, "In case of battles, this thing you built for fun can actually save some lives."

✿ ❀ ✿ ❀ ✿

June 16th, 1996

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY, LOVE

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY, LOVE."

Daisy's cheeks turned red as she reached for Fred's unwrapped gift.

"It's just, uh, some ribbons for your hair. I don't really know what to get you."

"It's lovely, Frederick," Daisy said in assurance. She put the little box of beautiful ribbons —her favorite would be the black one, with white daisies embroidered on it— aside on the table and pulled out three familiar-looking knitted jumpers, "And what's this?"

"Er— For you."

"Aren't these yours?" Daisy asked, unfolding the jumpers. One was maroon with a golden 'F' on its center. One was pale beige with a small Gryffindor's lion embroidered on its chest. The other was black with a yellow 'W'.

"It is, it's just— You know—" Fred paused, turning red himself. He couldn't believe he would ever stutter in the presence of Daisy. He used to be able to blabber about anything to her without feeling judged or embarrassed.

Be normal, Fred, he told himself. He cracked a grin and said somewhere between joking and not, "Take it when you move to Cambridge. It's a mark, you see, to show you're mine."

Daisy looked at him weirdly, but she couldn't stop the big smile forming on her face. Chuckling, she leaned forward and gave him a quick peck on the lips. "Thank you."

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY!"

The couple sprang apart in surprise and turned around to greet Mrs. Weasley, who still remained oblivious of their... recent engagement. She had a three-tiered cake in her hand and George followed in, saying, "Careful, Mum! The cake's falling— the cake!"

✿ ❀ ✿ ❀ ✿

June 18th, 1996

THE NEWS OF Hagrid being ousted by Umbridge was delivered in the form of a frustrated Tonks, clumsily tripping over thin air then having a row with Mrs. Black instead of cowering in front of it like she usually did, at barely three o'clock in the morning.