"Why is it that every time I turn away, you end up in an undesirable state?" he joked. Even if worry creased his brow.

Gently, Gothalia laughed then sarcastically replied. "Because somehow my life is a series of undesirable situations and trauma remember?"

A heavy silence filled the air between them, and he observed her with that usual worry and concern. "You're healing, right?"

"Yes, nothing serious. The tenders say I'm fine and healing. Fast. Give it a few days. I reckon I'll be out in a day." Gothalia replied.

"Knowing you that's probably true. Well, if you're healing you should be fine." L'Eiron said, with a small smile.

Gothalia rolled her eyes and badgered. "Isn't that what I just said?"

He ignored the jab and anxiety flashed across his face as he eyed the tenders and their sudden security. "Anaphora's gone for a bit. You should be safe for now." He brushed her hair aside and lightly kissed her head. "I'll be back later to check up on you, kiddo." With those words, he vanished even if Gothalia noticed his eyes on the other heavily armed soldiers.

Gothalia eyed the three male soldiers all Centurions. All equal rank to her and all of whom weren't in their usual non-combat uniform but rather their combat uniform. They're prepared. Most likely for her. Deliberately, she rolled her eyes at the unnecessary air of intimidation and pulled her eyes from them once their scrutinising gaze rested on her.

Frustrated, she sighed.

Secretly, she didn't want to be alone with them, and hoped someone would stay long enough to hold a proper conversation. However, she knew that wouldn't happen. Usually, she couldn't get rid of people but now they weren't around as much. So boredom rippled through her. Including an unforsaken desire to distract herself from the disgusted looks and hovering of her new security. Or rather watchers. I get it, she thought, I'll be out of here soon. Hopefully sooner. She cast her gaze once more to the soldiers and turned away. They still hadn't moved from their perceptive spots.

After what seemed like a while, Gothalia closed her eyes and tried to sleep only to wake to familiar voices. Startled, she jumped when she felt an unexpected presence on the side of the bed. Her eyes alert. "Max! Idiot. Get off." Anton reprimanded, pulling him off the bed.

Gothalia watched Maximus rub the back of his neck where Anton had grabbed him. He wasn't excessively rough, but Gothalia didn't like it. Firmly, Anton hit him at the back of the head just above where he'd grabbed him. Maximus spun around. "What? I was just sitting. I wasn't doing anything wrong." Maximus argued. "And that hurt."

Anton growled, gesturing at Gothalia. "Good. You woke her up." Maximum's alarmed gaze drifted to Gothalia, and she crossed her arms.

Moments later, her eyes drifted from Anton and Maximus to Altair. "What are you doing here?" she asked him.

"Making sure you're not too bad. I don't think Asif could . . . deal with that too well." Altair replied. "He's not too bad of a guy."

"You threatened to kill him if he ever did it again." Gothalia replied, candidly.

"I did but I know he won't do again." Altair countered.

Gothalia eyed them. "Why did you come into the simulation? Because of Tharenus?" Gothalia asked. "Or the virus?"

"Both." Anton said. "And we had to protect you."

Gothalia considered his words. "But I'm not worth all that, am I?"

Silence ensued the room. "Do you remember what I said? About your DNA and the blood in your veins?" Altair asked and Gothalia nodded. "It's powerful and not very many Excelians are around with that kind of power anymore."