Chapter 21

Gothalia regarded the man curiously. She had so many questions and one of them was how he managed to get into the simulation. Wasn't it supposed to be secure? Her thoughts halted when his crimson eyes bore into hers. She couldn't even understand the intensity of it nor the hatred present. "Found us?" Leviathan queried. "You were looking for us?"

The man smiled and within a blink of an eye, he vanished. However, not in the same way Gothalia noticed Maximus and Anton did.

Instead, he moved faster than her eyes could make out and no doubt faster than Leviathan's or Demetria's eyes. Fear flooded her. She didn't know how or why but he was stronger than he looked. Gothalia closed her eyes then felt the sudden pressure of his arms around her waist followed by the whisk of wind around her. In seconds, Gothalia opened her eyes, and she stared up at the man with red eyes. He said nothing as he peered down at her, but she saw the frustration on his face and snarl of his lips. "You seriously can't be her daughter," he uttered, annoyed.

Swiftly, he dropped her on the ground. His crimson eyes observed her methodically with furrowed brows as if trying to determine if he'd made a mistake. Gothalia glared at him. "What are you talking about?" she asked, crawling to her knees.

The stranger knelt and smelt her. Horror engulfed Gothalia before she composed herself, she did the same thing to Altair as did Anton and Maximus. It was necessary to identify not that she liked it. At least now she knew how it felt. "You seriously can't be her," he muttered in disbelief, pulling away and crossing his arms. "You're far too weak. It's pathetic."

"What did you just say?" Gothalia growled, irritated. Her fear instantly vanished. "I'm far from weak and I don't know who the hell you are but—" He cut her words short when the blade of sharp sword carved in a language, she recognised but couldn't decipher, rested against her throat. It was the same language on the monster's armour inside the simulation. She'd seen a sword like his with Anaphora and L'Eiron, once long ago. Not that she could remember the reason they'd drawn those swords even if she had never seen them again.

"It would be wise to hold your tongue. You smell of her and nothing else. Which is beyond abnormal." He proclaimed with sheer malice. His crimson eyes studied her, and she returned his gaze with a heated glare. If she could at least disappear like Anton and Maximus, then maybe she could get herself out of this situation.

Her thoughts shifted. Reminding her of her time within the simulation; she wasn't ever on her own. There was always someone with her until that time she was in the pit. Even then it wasn't too long that she was on her own. This time, however, she really was on her own, and no one was going to save her. That frightened her and equally frustrated her. Surely, she wasn't that weak.

He must've noticed her thoughts, she realised, and watched as a slow smile graced his thin lips. "You haven't activated your demon yet, have you? You disgrace the power of the délanocytes coursing through your veins."

"What do you mean by activating my demon?" she asked curiously, catching the tenor of his voice as he spoke those words. There was an uncertainty in his voice when he asked her. Only to be replaced with scathing disgust.

"Have they not explained everything to you?" he queried, confused. Immediately, his red eyes drifted to the side before steel on steel echoed throughout the clearing and Gothalia stared wide eyed as he blocked Altair's sword. "Why has L'Eiron and Anaphora not said anything to her?" the stranger demanded. Anton and Maximus regarded the deamone man curiously before rushing to Gothalia and helping her up.

Altair eyed him with a cold gaze. "That's none of your concern."

"I'd think it is Altair. If my brother is to—" he began but was swiftly cut off.