XXII: Phoenix Tears

22
ˏ ༻❁༺ ˎˊ-
STATUS
Name: Kazuki Tanaka Level: 72
Job: The Monarch of Shadows Fatigue: 0
Title: Wolf Slayer Age: 17 HP:23,000        MP: 8650
❅──────✧❅✦❅✧──────❅
Strength: 328 Vitality: 216
Agility: 271 Intelligence: 245

Remaining Points: 0

"Balak, come out," Kazuki commanded. Riser watches as one of Kazuki shadows forms right in front of him. "Do you think your pets will hurt Riser?" Riser says. "Who are you calling a pet?" Balak questioned.

The demonkin blitzed for the devil, now right in front of his face. "I will not take this level of disrespect," Balak stated. He reeled his arm back and sent a devastating punch the to the Riser's gut. Riser doubled over, clutching his stomach in agony. This was more than just an act of aggression to Balak; it was a symbol of his authority, a display of power that could not be ignored. In one swift move, Balak had sent a message that he would not tolerate any disrespect.

Kazuki uses 'Quicksilver' to reach the two. With Rasaka's Venom Fang, he stabs Riser. Riser crumples to the ground and Kazuki faces Balak, "Stay back for now." The demonkin Balak nods and backs away.

Kazuki turns around and looks at the downed Riser. The devil slowly got to his feet, clutching his stomach that was just stabbed. "What is this feeling?" Riser questioned. "It is poison, and it is slowly killing you," Kazuki stated. The realization struck Riser like a ton of bricks and his face paled as the reality sunk in. Riser felt to poison spread to his veins and he crumbled to the ground, his legs no longer able to carry his weight. Panic coursed through Riser's veins as he grasped the severity of Kazuki's words.

"You can surrender now and I'll get you a healing potion. Or you can suffer in the last moments of your life." In an instant, Riser knew that his options were limited. He then started to laugh, confusing Kazuki. "What the hell is so funny?" He questioned. "It seems you don't exactly know who I am," Riser says.

"I could not care less who you are," Kazuki answered. Riser stayed quiet for a moment. Kazuki watches as his face went from a grin to one of confusion and terror. "Why...why am I not healing?" He questioned. Kazuki smirks. "You didn't tell me you could heal yourself, that's not very fair. If you're questioning why you aren't healing than it only means one thing. You heal from physical damage, and the poison is internal," Kazuki explained.

Kazuki's explanation was met with silence. The realization of what was being said sunk in slowly for Riser, a feeling of dread gripping him as he realized how much trouble he was really in. Understanding that his current predicament was a result of internal suffering, Riser now had to face the challenge of healing from his emotional wounds. He was being made a fool by a mere human and he dispised Kazuki for that.

"You forced me to do this," Riser stated. "What exactly does that mean?" Kazuki questioned. From his pocket, he grabbed a small fancy bottle. "These are phoenix tears, if my healing doesn't work I can always drink this."

He opens the bottle and drinks it. Riser starts to laugh in the face of Kazuki. "This will be your downfall!" He stated.

----

A/N: A lil short chapter

I am aware it is "Phenex" I just prefer "Phoenix"

Anyway, Happy VDay y'all!!