I - Awakening

1

Life has always been the same for Kazuki, he did the same things every day and repeated them. Nothing interesting ever happens in his life, everything was just mediocre. He wasn't the most popular guy, he had friends but not many. One thing he did like however was gaming. Specifically, RPG games. It was the grinding and slowly getting stronger that interested him. Whenever he had free time, Kazuki would be gaming. He was a pretty skilled player too, over level 200 and great stat points.

Kazuki was so obsessed with this RPG that he copied the fighting styles and combos.
'If only life could be like an RPG', he thought to himself.

He turned on the TV and went to the news channel. "The number of men that had gone missing is now at 27, no bodies or evidence had been found."
"Man, that is some crazy stuff, at least it's not me."

The sun had already set and Kazuki was off to bed. 'Another day, he thought. Once it was morning, he headed off to Kuoh Academy. Even though he had people that he frequently talked to, Kazuki would not consider them as friends but people he hung out with from time to time. The school day had gone by pretty fast and it was now the afternoon. Kazuki was walking home when he got a notification from his phone.

'Limited time, 2x EXP for 24 hours!'

It was a notification from the RPG game that he was playing. Even though he was at a pretty high level, a bit more grinding wouldn't hurt. As for every RPG game, the higher the level you are, the slower you level up. Having this 2x EXP event was a pretty good deal.

He stopped to open his game and began playing. Kazuki began to walk again, not paying attention to where he was. The light from the sun was gone and he found himself near a water fountain.

"Maybe I should look where I'm going, I think I'm lost", he said out loud.
"Are you Kazuki Tanaka?"
"Huh?" Kazuki turns his head and locks eyes with a girl that he has never seen in his life.

Flashback-
Raynare had been terrorizing and massacring men for some time now. She recently found her next prey and stalked him for a week or two. "These men are fools, they see a beautiful woman and they are instantly in love, how pathetic."
"Kazuki Tanaka, you're next."
End of flashback-

'I do not recognize that school uniform, what school is she from? She sure is pretty though', Kazuki thought to himself.

"I just wanted to ask you a quick question, are you single?" The girl said. 'I've never seen you in my life and you're asking me if I'm single?" Kazuki answered back.

This was not the reaction she had been looking for and she was taken aback. 'How, no, why isn't he falling for it, this always works!' The girl thought to herself.

Kazuki burst out in laughter when the girl had no words. "Do you hear yourself? How can you ask out someone you have never met?"
These were the words that Kazuki would quickly regret. Kazuki's expression turned from an amused one to a horrified one. He was so shocked that he had dropped his phone. The girl was taller and her clothes ripped to reveal exposed skin. Wings grew from her back and she grew a grin that held a crazy amount of evil.

"Would you die for me?"
"W-what the fuck are you?" Kazuki's vision became blurry and he was no longer able to move his legs.

Raynare pierced a spear of light through the shoulder of Kazuki. He yelled for help but it was no use. 'If only I hadn't just wasted my life, just waiting for the day to get by and repeat.'
"I don't want to die."
'I need to get up.' He weakly gets on his feet and stares down his attacker. Although, he was close to death.

Kazuki was caught off guard. He sees that time had stopped and a box had appeared.

! Alarm - [You have completed all of the requirements of the secret quest 'Courage of the weak']