Chapter 25: Weird Feelings

Start from the beginning

"Is it a good weird or a bad weird?"

"I guess it's good? I mean, the butterflies come with the feeling of wanting to be with the person and wanting to touch them and hold them ... and get this, it gets even stronger when I'm already next to that person. Oh my god I sound like a total creep don't I?"

Yeji let out a chuckle. "Sounds like a disease"

"Disease? What disease?"

"It's called the lovesick syndrome" she said jokingly.

"L-lovesick? You aren't possibly implying that I'm in love, are you?" Soobin blushed deep red. "That's not likely. That person's been nothing but a jerk to me. Why on earth would I have such feelings for them?"

"It doesn't take good deeds to fall in love with someone, Soobin. Some people even fall in love at first sight, without knowing anything about the other person at all"

"But that person hates me. And I hate them too. I absolutely despise them, actually. So I ... I don't think it's love" Soobin said while doubting himself.

"If you claim to hate them so much, why do you always think about wanting to be with them? You're really bad at denying your feelings"

"What about you then?" Soobin quickly switched the subject of the topic. "What is love to you?"

Yeji inhaled the cigar and let out a puff of smoke in the air before answering. "Love is... a special feeling. You can compare it to a rose that is so attractive and red— it makes us feel eager to touch, to get a smell of it. But it comes with thorns, so sharp and ready to make us bleed when we're not being careful enough"

Soobin listened with his mouth slightly opened. He never would have thought his sexy manager was a philosopher.

"You sound experienced, noona. Have you perhaps ... umm... been with anyone?"

She smiled bitterly. "Yeah, just once. It was a long time ago. We were so in love, or at least I thought we were. It didn't last long and we broke up soon after"

Soobin's face fell. "Oh... I'm sorry, I shouldn't have brought this up"

"It's okay. That was way back in high school and I've already moved on. He's probably got someone new, too. I couldn't care less about that"

Soobin nodded and moved his eyes back to the grey cat. "So what do you think I should do? About my... weird feelings" he figured it was a good idea to ask the more experienced person.

"Hm... I say first, you should consult with yourself about your own feelings. Determine whether or not it's love or something else. Once you get the answer, decide if you want to continue feeling this way or you want to back out. The later is easier said than done, by the way. What's important is that you listen to your heart. Your happiness is your own to decide, so don't let other people ruin it. I want you to find true love, don't get your young heart broken like mine"

Needless to say, Soobin was moved by his manager's sincere words. "I understand. Thank you, noona. I hope you find your happiness too. Don't let the past hold you back"

Yeji smiled. "And you better figure out your feelings quickly, before it's too late" she stood up from the bench and dropped the cigarette to ground, stomping on it with her heels.

"Break time is over. Let's get back to work" she opened the back door and went back in. Soobin waved at the cat one last time before following Yeji inside. A lot of things were on his mind that night.

'What if what she said was true? If I really fell in love with Jun-hyung... what should I do? What are the odds of him feeling the same way?'

'In his point of view... I'm just some kid he uses to kill time. He is playing with me just for some temporary fun. Once he finds someone better, he'll toss me away without a doubt' he couldn't tell why just yet, but his heart stung at the thought of that.

As much as he didn't want to admit it, deep down, Soobin already knew the answer.

*———•*+𝘅+*•———*
To be continued...

—————

Finally some progress =~= or was it too soon?

Sorry for keeping y'all waiting !
Thanks for the votes and comments <3