~Chapter 13~

Hi! Here's yet another chapter... 13!!

Sophie tuned into the rhythmic beat blasting from her iPod.

I'm still standin'!

yeah, yeah, yeah!

When she listened to music, she felt able to block out the world around her and focus on her feelings. It had really helped her to recover from the trauma when her family was murdered. Sophie got up and decided to go for a walk. It wasn't too late so she decided to go round the back road to her favourite crepe stand by the high street. She grabbed her earbuds and set off down the road.

To be honest, it wasn't a particularly nice road, but Sophie had a feeling about it - she wasn't sure if she loved the road or hated it. The occupants were generally elderly people in shabby and crowded rooms full of books and antiques. Every couple of houses, there was the odd completely dilapidated house or a knocked down one. The lampposts flickered on the roads and nobody could be seen - apart from 2 or 3 nosy elderly ladies or men people-watching super smoothly from behind their blinds. Sophie kept going - she was determined to have a crepe. She closed her eyes and imagined the sugary, deliciousness - oops! She bumped into Dex!

"Hey, Dex!! Sorry about that. I can buy you a crepe to make up for bumping into you?..."

"Hmmm... sounds good to me, Soph. Let's hurry before it closes!!"

"Yeah, cmon. What sprinkles are you gonna get on your crepe?"

They chattered and laughed as they walked down the road. About 3/4 down, Sophie ran ahead of Dex to prove she was a better runner. She heard a muffled scream and whipped around. Dex was nowhere to be seen. 

"D-dex?" she stuttered, her voice quivering.

There was no response. She ran back to where she had last seen him and poked her head into the darkened alleyway next to her. She could feel her heart pounding in her ears and she felt like she was about to throw up. Suddenly, a strongly scented cloth was thrown over her face and everything went black.

Keefe's POV:

It has been 6 days now. 6 days since Sophie Foster and Dex Dizznee went missing. They're about to call off the search party - they're giving up; losing hope. It's too hard for me. There's just too much to handle. I even heard about them in the news - I can recite word for word what the reporter said.

"Two high school students - Sophie Foster, adopted daughter as her parents were murdered, and her cousin, Dex Dizznee. It has been 6 days since they were reported missing - a reward will be offered if anyone can find them. Please look out for them and call (phone number ***** *** ***) if you see these children.

(image (Sophie Foster))

(image (Dex Dizznee))

Up next on (name of news channel) we will be talking to (celebrity name) about (celebrities goals).

What am I going to do?!

*******************************************************

Keefe ran his hands through his hair over and over. His ice blue eyes were a cloudy grey and deep purple bags sat under them. His posture was slouched as he paced the room. He had lost all track of time - was it day? Night? Breakfast? Lunch? Dinner. He sat down on his bed, his mouth glued shut and his eyes wide with concern. What had happened to them? When would he find out what had happened? When could everything be normal again?

ooh drama!! Sorry I haven't updated in like, a week. I couldn't write! The words wouldn't come!! Anyways, suspense!! lol x