~Chapter 10~

Hi! About last chapter - haha I spent almost an hour making those fake messages, so what can I say? 72 words seemed like a lot to me (haha). Sorry :( this chapter will be... 1000 words - or as near to that as I can manage. Enjoy!!

Sophie (yet again) ran down the road from school like a headless chicken. She panted as she channeled all of her energy and mind-power into her feet and sprinted, but she was too late. The bus drove away, oblivious to the schoolgirl running like Usaine Bolt to catch it. Sophie was so mad she felt like having a temper tantrum along with the toddler across the road. Slowly and still panting, Sophie trudged back to school. She had missed the last bus. Just her luck...

Sophie's POV:

I couldn't believe my rotten luck. I stormed up the road and charged into the school building, right into Keefe Sencen. EVEN LUCKIER.

"Hey, Foster! Wanna ride home? I'm just about to grab one of those rental electric bike thingies. You could sit in the basket...?"

The last thing I wanted to do was ride in the bike basket of KEEFE SENCEN and Grady would probably hang, draw and quarter me... but hey! I had no other choice.

Keefe was one of those people. The type who ANYONE will get along with. For me, it was in a silent but not awkward way. We hadn't had the best first encounter, after all. We pulled up at the Song Estate, like I had asked Keefe to (just a few door away from my house) and I hopped out the basket with a sore back and aching legs. It was worth the pain, though. Speaking of the Song Estate, I heard they have 2 kids around my age... maybe we'll become friends. Anyways, I got home and worked my way through piles of homework that seemed to be endless and ran downstairs for dinner.

"I have my eyes on you and so do the rest of my clan" Grady cackled as he tried to chop the cucumber but somehow ended up with it stuck to the ceiling (is cucumber sticky? lol) He really was a bit of a nutter. Okay, a lot of a nutter. FINE! The nuttiest nutter of all nutters who where nutty.

~~~~~the next day~~~~~

I walked into the girls changing room and opened the first locker. A pale face with grey/blue eyes and a black emo hairstyle with silver bangs stared up at me.

"AHHHHHHH" I screamed, wishing that the evil serial killer wouldn't take me hostage or suffocate me in the locker!!

"Tammyyyy, stop scaring everyone. I TOLD you that you needed therapy or counselling, but did you listen? No. Now comfort this poor girl and please convince her that you aren't planning on harming her and that you're preparing your Halloween costume. Oh! By the way, I'm Linh and that't Tam! Who are you?" Linh chatted away as if it were ordinary for her brother to jump out of lockers and scare the ummm living uh LIFE out of innocent girls.

"But that't not trueeee" Tam whined. "This is not my Halloween costume and I was planning on hurting her because she woke me from my deep slumber and dark heavens. The darkness is me and I am the darkness! She disrupted our connection and now she will face the consequences!" he growled. 

Linh giggled. "Tammy is a softie on the inside! Don't mind him!" 

"Uhh-you're ruining my image, sister. Let me be at peace with my shadow and communicate with the underworld. Anyway, it's this annoying girl's fault that I'm mad so don't go around blaming me!"

"Oh, right! My name's Sophie. Sophie Foster."

"We're the Song twins,"The Song twins chorused in harmony. Linh's voice was the sweet soprano and captivating melody whereas Tam was the deep and dark base notes, low and harsh.

"Oh! Do you live at Song Estate?" I asked.

"Well, our parents live there but we normally stay at our grandparent's house. It's further up this road actually. Number 29 Havenfield Lane." Linh smiled.

"Oh! I live at number 27! We're neighbours!"

"Stop giving away our personal information, Linh. She might be a stalker, or... a secret informant!!" Tam glared at me.

"Shut up, Tam. She's a lovely girl so stop being so overprotective and try to live a little!"

"Grrrr" Tam growled, and we parted ways.

hmmm... 700 words!! Not that bad!! I'll try and update soon!

Eli x