~Chapter 5~

Hi!! Sorry I haven't updated in a few days. Thanks to everyone reading this 😊 enjoy the chapter!

"so... that's why  I hate Stina!" Mariella finished her long and detailed story about why Stina was such a bully. 

"Oh. She sounds so mean!"

"Yeah, but Fitz - you know him, right?" Sophie nodded "he likes her- they were close a few years ago but have grown apart since she started targeting his sister, Biana and her friends. You remember I told you about that?" Sophie nodded again. "The thing is that Fitz is super popular so most of his friends -apart from Keefe Sencen- like her because Fitz does. Oh! Keefe must have been the one to shout at Stina when she tripped you up!"

"That's nice of him. He sounds like a good guy."

The bell rang, signalling the end of lunch break. Sophie and Marella exchanged phone numbers and rushed down different hallways to their next lessons. Oh no! Sophie spotted Stina in the corner of her eye. Rushing down the hall to get away before she was spotted, somehow Sophie attracted Stina's attention.

"Hey, loser. Why are you running away. I don't bite," Stina snarled.

Sophie ignored Stina and turned her back to her. 

"I wouldn't be like that if I were you, Superfreak!"

Once again, Sophie ignored Stina. Suddenly, she was flung into the girls bathrooms next to her and found herself on the floor with Stina above her.

"You know I went on holiday to China last fall, Einstein?" Stina smirked.

"Uh-no?" Sophie stuttered.

"Well, whilst I was there, I got very good at Chinese burns!"

Sophie cursed under her breath. Slowly, Stina crouched down beside her, took her hand and pained it in ways Sophie hadn't realised was possible before she realised what was happening. The minute Stina left the bathroom, Sophie turned to the mirror to see what damage had been caused. Her hair was brown with dirt and her hands were red and raw with purple, pink and white spots all over them. She rushed down the halls, hoping to find a nurse's office and with every corner she turned, more tears filled her eyes. Finally, she spotted a person down the hallway to her right. She ran up to him in desperate need of help. Eventually she was standing in front of him. 

"Hi..." Sophie mumbled

"Hey! The name's Keefe," the boy replied. Sophie took in his features. He had unique ice blue eyes and perfectly styled hair. "Oh, I know you! You're the girl Stina tripped up today. Sorry you had to go through that, by the way." Keefe commented.  Without warning, Sophie's face went bright red and a tear trickled down her cheek. She speedily brushed it away before Keefe saw. 

"Yeah. She just flung me into the bathroom and gave me a really bad Chinese burn." Sophie sniffled. She showed Keefe her hands.

"Oh wow! That looks painful. Most girls would be calling A and E if that happened to them. Let me take you to Elwin's office."

Keefe led her down a few complicated twists and turns. Finally , Sophie found herself outside a doctor's office complete with hospital beds and x-ray machines!

"No, no, no! I can't do this. I can't go in there!" Sophie's voice wavered as she pointed a shaky hand towards the room.

"Why not? Are you afraid of doctor's or something?"

For some reason, Sophie felt able to trust Keefe with the truth. "When I was younger, my parents and my 9 year old sister were victimised in a terrorist attack." Sophie felt her legs trembling from the trauma she had experienced. She leant against Keefe and he put his arm around her. "When they were attacked, they hadn't died yet. They were just injured so badly that they may have been. Unfortunately, my dad's surgery went wrong and my mum and sister didn't make it past the first hour of being shot and stabbed. I can't go in there. It reminds me too much of waiting by my family's coffins, hoping and praying for them to wake up from their endless sleep." By this point, Sophie was collapsing onto the floor and Keefe's shirt was soaked in her tears. Keefe lifted Sophie up and carried her into Elwin's office whilst she was too weak to protest. Then Sophie felt her mind drift away into a dreamless oblivion.

Poor Sophie :(

Eli