~Chapter 7~

Hi! Sorry I haven't updated in 5 days! Anyways... enjoy the chapter.

Sophie's POV:

The clock ticked.

Tick

Tock

Tick 

Tock

It had been 4 minutes and 28 seconds of visiting hours, yet nobody was here yet. (Not that she was counting!) Finally! She could hear the pounding footsteps she expected to hear make their way to her room. Was it...

Her family?

Dex?

Edaline and Grady?

Nope! You guessed... it was Keefe!! 

"Keefe?" Sophie gasped, not expecting to see him.

"Yeah, hey Sophie," he said, with a crooked grin.

"OMIGOSHWHATHAPPENEDTHANKYOUSOMUCHFOREVERYTHING!"

"Uh- you sure you wanna go down that route?" Sophie nodded. "Okay.... well first of all, you got Chinese burned by Stina, then you were lost trying to find help and you found me! It was destiny, you know you love me, Foster. I mean, could you help it?" Sophie scowled at him. "Okay! Then you ummm, well you told me about your parents in hospital, and after that you kind of had a meltdown/panic attack/mental breakdown and you got shipped off to hospital. After that, they found out that you had an allergic reaction to this weird stuff called Limbium and you were having difficulties breathing so you went into intensive care, got plugged into a few machines, sprained your wrist from thrashing around in bed, got a week or so of bed rest and.... Here we are!"

"Uhhh how do I not remember anything from the part you first said 'hospital?'"

"Well, duh... you were like practically dead."

"OMIGOSHWHEREAREMYPARENTS!"

"WHY ARE YOU SHOUTING!"

"I'M WORRIED!"

"WELL THEYR'E WORRIED TOO BECAUSE YOU JUST PRACTICALLY DIED!"

"THEN WHERE ARE THEY! I NEED TO SEE THEM!"

Just at that moment, Grady's head popped round the door.

"Oh, SOPHIE! WE MISSED YOU SO MUCH! WE'RE SO GLAD THAT YOU'RE BETTE- WHAT ARE YOU DOING WITH THAT BOY!"

"Wait, dad.... You know Keefe?"

"SOPHIE! YOU'RE OKAY!" Edaline said, running through the door to hug her. 

Keefe's POV:

I got tears in my eyes just from watching that group hug.

I MEAN WHAT SORT OF EVIL DUDE LIKE MR RUEWEN IS A HUGGER?!

And it was super cute to see them as a family like that after all Sophie's been through. Awww, I'm not one for hugs either, but at that moment, there was nothing I wanted more than to join theirs.

Sophie's POV:

4 days later.

Finally! We'd checked out of the hospital and were back home a few hours ago for a meal of mallowmelt (MY ABSOLUTE FAVORITE COOKIE CAKE IN THE WORLD!) yum! As we were sat around the table, a question came to mind.

"So, dad, how were you saying you knew Keefe the other day?"

"Oh, not that boy again." Sophie made a sulky face. "Fineeee. So Sophie, as you think you're some sort of tennis prodigy who can play better than me, I guess you know that I am a tennis teacher!" Grady announced. Sophie snickered and mumbled something that sounded along the lines of "Haha! Lol, he can't even hold the racket properly." To Edaline.

"EXCUSE YOUUUU!" Grady bellowed "YOU SHOULD SEE ME EVERY RED MOON WHEN I GO OUT ON A TENNIS RACKET SPREE AND WHACK INNOCENT CHILDREN UNTIL THEY STICK TO MY STRINGS! MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!" He cackled like some kind of creepy, child killing, mentally ill MADMAN! 

"Okay?" Sophie managed to wheeze throughout fits of giggles.

"Oh, right! I swore a deadly oath not to tell anyone! FORGET, MUGGLES! FORGETTTTTTT!" He commanded.

"Did he go to Hogwarts or something?" Sophie whispered. Grady glared at her.

"Keefe was... my tennis student."

😂😂Grady...

Elii 🫶🏼