"Well son, I don't think Harper could've made it any more obvious who she wants for a nanny. I think Liddy will be amazing. What do you think?"

"I totally agree. Harper seems to adore her already."

"Well, don't you think you better sit down with her and offer her the job, then? I won't call Bonnie just yet, not until we know if Liddy accepts the position."

Hunter's smile turns into a frown in 2.2 seconds. "DO YOU THINK SHE MIGHT SAY, NO?"

"I hope not, but I have a feeling we aren't the only people interviewing her. She comes highly recommended from the nanny agency. Remember that. Why don't you invite Liddy down to the kitchen and offer her the nanny position while I will get Harps ready for her nap."

________

Hunter's Pov

Once mom manages to get Harper to agree to a nap, with the promise of chocolate ice cream with sprinkles when she wakes up, I take the opportunity to ask Liddy to join me in the kitchen.

"Would you like a cup of coffee or water or juice?" I ask Liddy as I wipe my sweaty palms on a kitchen towel. I'm so nervous to offer her the job, now that my mom pointed out that she could say, no.

"Coffee would be great! Heavy on the cream and sugar, please."

"Don't worry the Coffee King has got you covered." I smirk. This makes her giggle. She has such a cute laugh. I could easily get use to hearing that sweet sound every day.

When her coffee is done brewing, I place heavy cream and sugar in it like she requested. As I pass her the mug full steaming hot liquid, my fingertips accidentally brush hers. I instantly feel a jolt of electricity course up my arm. 'Woah, where did that come from?' I wonder.

"Ssss so Liddy, if you couldn't tell my little girl simply adores you."

She smiles. "I think she's pretty special, too."

"Harper usually has a hard time warming up to people, especially women, but some how you managed to get her to lower her walls and let you in. I'm impressed."

"I wasn't aware she didn't care for women. But is makes sense, if she hasn't spent much time with her mother." She takes a sip of her coffee. "I'm flattered that she trusts me."

"She certainly does trust you. That's why I would like to offer you the nanny position. I'm willing to pay you a generous salary because the job requires A LOT of traveling around the country and even abroad. Sometimes we spend up to 6 to 9 months on the road with only a few breaks. I know that can be difficult on your personal life. So I apologize in advance for that."

"You'd get full medical and dental benefits, plus a car so you can take Harper places. I'm having an apartment built over my garage, that I would like you to move into when it's ready, around Thanksgiving. When we do starting touring we will have a separate tour bus just for you, Harper and I. I bought it because I wanted to give Harps as much space to play as possible."

So, I think I covered just about everything. What do you think? Do you have any questions or concerns?

"Would I ever get a day off?"

"Of course you would! I plan to be a very "hands on dad". Plus my parents help out a lot. I promise you'll get lots of time for yourself."

"Can I have friends or family visit me when we are on the road?"

"That shouldn't be a problem. The bus sleeps around 8 - 10 people. I can also get you and your guests back stage passes, to my concerts any time you want."

When she stops asking questions and begins to stare out the window, I feel my heart rate increase. I can tell she is weighing the pros and the cons which she should, but it makes me nervous. I really want her to accept this job. After waiting for what feels like forever, she finally says something.

"Can I give you my answer tomorrow? I am very interested in taking the job, but I need to discuss it with my boyfriend, first."