59

It's mid-December when you're out with Jeongguk, Jin, Jin's wife Sana, Tae, and Jimin and his girlfriend Ryujin.

After you've been sitting in a large booth on the upper floor for a while, getting just a tiny bit tipsy, you and Jeongguk soon find yourselves on the bottom floor, where the music is louder and the lights are lower.

He follows you into the dancing crowd, smiling back at you, entertained when you smirk at him and grip his shirt to pull him further along.

"So... you come here often?" you speak, throwing your arm around his neck and starting to move to the sensual beat.

Jeongguk laughs, his hands finding your hips. "Yeah," he improvises, "I'm here basically every day. But I haven't seen you around here."

Your heart beats almost erratically at a list of things. The proximity between you, the feeling of his sturdy shoulders under your arm and his warm chest so close to yours. It skips a few beats at the familiar scent of him, and the way you can barely tear your eyes away from his. He peers down at you fondly and playfully, and you're entirely lost in it.

"You might need glasses cause I'm also here everyday. In fact, I actually live here," you gesture toward the dance floor that you've only visited once before.

Jeongguk shakes his head, "Oh, no, honey, there's nothing wrong with my eyes, and I think you're lying because I definitely would've noticed you."

His words warm your veins, yet make a chill run over your skin. You press yourself closer to him.

For a while, you dance. A little bit of grinding, Jeongguk whispering things in your ear, and also a little bit of jumping when the DJ plays a really good song. And tons of laughter and smiling.

Then, Jeongguk decides that he wants more beer, and coincidentally enough, you have to visit the ladies' room to pee out some.

Naturally, you agree to meet at the smaller bar on the bottom floor afterward, and so, you set out to find the bathroom.

There's a bit of a line unfortunately, so it takes you around ten minutes to get into a stall, pee out all the beer and the little wine you've had, and wash your hands.

Then, the only thing remaining is to find your boyfriend again. It doesn't prove to be very difficult; he's at the place you decided to meet, but as you approach, you spot a woman next to him at the bar.

You don't think very much of it at first–Jeongguk is a very attractive man, and it's frankly inevitable that he'll get hit on–but the closer you come, the more your forehead creases in confusion.

The woman is pretty tall and she's honestly very beautiful. But Jeongguk looks... uncomfortable. Not massively so, but... well, you know him very well by now.

When you reach them, you tap Jeongguk's shoulder, running your hand down his arm to hold his hand, "Hey, do you wanna find the others?"

He looks down at you, "Uh... uhm, yeah."

"Who's this?"

You turn your attention toward the woman, not expecting her to not take the hint. You hear Jeongguk introduce you over the music, "This is my, uh, girlfriend, Y–," he says.

"Oh, you've got a new girlfriend?" she asks, also having to raise her voice over the music, and is that a flash of... distaste in her eyes?

"Well," she continues when there's no answer, "since you're too busy to answer my calls, I guess I have to tell you this way. I'm pregnant. Four months."

She lowers one of her hands, stroking it gently over her belly that appears pretty flat. Not that that tells you anything, some people take longer to show and others don't show very much at all.