10

"This feels weird," Yuna comments, watching you put in your small hoop earrings through the mirror.

The clasp snaps in place, and you straighten up to deem the result, giving her a smile and a knowing look.

"What? I'm just saying!"

"How is this so different?"

"Well, we were invited by them! You were invited by Jeon Jeongguk! It's not just another night at the bar with greasy strangers!"

"Because you know all the soccer players and their friends? Also, how come you and Yoongi never went when he actually knows Hoseok?"

"Hobi's not really a party guy," she shrugs. You hum, brushing your fingers through your hair to make sure there aren't any knots or tangles. "But, uh, you and Jeongguk? You're really serious about him?"

It's hard to miss Yuna's uncertainty regarding Jeongguk, but you appreciate her tone for being curious rather than sarcastic.

"Yeah, you smile," smoothing down the ends of your black dress against your thighs. It reaches the middle of them, is made out of a flowy material, and has a string that ties around your waist, cinching it in. "He's really nice and very funny."

"Yeah... I just never thought I'd see him want to date anyone. Not to mention anyone—"

"—like me?"

"...so opposite the fuckboy vibe," she continues.

You get her. You never thought he'd go for someone like you either. "But if you like him and he's good to you, what more could I wish for?"

With a shy smile, you look down at your wrist, hand adjusting the silver bracelet you've chosen to wear. "I'm happy," you speak softly.

Jeongguk makes you happy.

Only a few moments later, Yoongi knocks on the door, and the three of you leave the apartment.

It's been a few days since you've gotten to talk to Jeongguk properly, and your heart beats harder in excitement as you're let inside the house. One after the other, you spot nearly all of his closest friends, but the star player is nowhere to be seen.

Yoongi, Yuna, and Hoseok, who seemingly appeared out of nowhere, express their need for drinks, and so you start to move towards the kitchen. While dodging people in the crowded living room, you type out a quick text and press 'send.'

'We're here now.'

You're not very good at discerning drinks in general, but what Yoongi places in your hand must be the weirdest concoction ever made. It tastes like... coconut and... chocolate? And alcohol, of course. Still, it's not necessarily bad, and at your confused face, he just shrugs and raises his own cup to his lips.

The music is a lot more muffled within the kitchen walls, yet you still don't hear the person approaching until his arms snake around your middle and a 'hey, Birdy' is spoken into your ear.

Instantly, you turn around, smiling brightly at him. When he chuckles, the corners of his beautiful eyes crinkling so endearingly, you reach up to place your arm that isn't occupied by the drink around his neck, and you hug him.

Jeongguk smells like body wash and cologne, and his hair has a hint of cigarette smoke to it because even if you don't smoke, it's hard to escape the smell clinging to you when so many people do. You don't mind, though. Deep down, he smells like him.

You giggle when he sways you from side to side before lifting you up briefly. "I missed you," you tell him before he puts you down on your feet. People are surely watching—Yoongi, Yuna, and Hoseok are definitely watching—but do you really care? Is it so bad?