03

You honestly thought it would happen sooner than it does. Suddenly, Jeon Jeongguk hangs out in the library. To study. With you. Of course, people have been watching and, undeniably, talking. So, it wouldn't take long until it reached the ears of a certain someone.

"So... Is there something you'd like to say to me?" a nosy Yuna lingers at the door to your room. You've just finished doing your skincare routine and have resorted to some youtube videos before bed.

"Uh..." you start, eyes glued to the screen on your lap. "No?"

"Okay, fine, I'll just get to it. Imagine my shock when I found out that you're seeing Jeon Jeongguk? You! And him!"

Yuna takes a few big steps until she's able to plop down on your bed. You pause the video and sigh. It's not like you're offended; you know exactly what she means. As far as opposites go, you and Jeongguk are probably it.

"Okay, first of all, you know I'm not seeing him. He saw me in the library once, stopped to thank me for returning his phone, and when I said I'm a writer, he asked me for some help. Since then, we've been sitting together in there, that's all."

Your words seem believable enough, but Yuna still points her finger at you. "Sure about that? No tempting feelings? He's just leeching off of your brain?"

You shake your head.

"Not even if he took you back to his place, rolled the covers away, and asked you to get in?"

"No," you chuckle, giving your best effort to assure her.

"Okay, fine. I know you're a big girl, you're most definitely smarter than me, and you've heard as much about the guy as I have, so just... do what you want, but be careful, okay?"

Yuna traps her bottom lip between her teeth, worry lacing her gaze. You nod, "I will," and she starts to get up.

"Good. And remember to put yourself first for once."

It's nearing eight-thirty when you enter the library on a grey Thursday morning, the day after Yuna's words of wisdom. Usually, you've already set up your books and started by eight, but unfortunately, even one as 'responsible' as you can fall victim to oversleeping.

Your bag is heavy on your shoulder, and your hands are full of peace offerings. In the last three weeks or so, you've started bringing Jeongguk coffee, and instead of skipping it today to save time, you felt it was more important than ever. You're almost inclined to ask for his number to prevent him from waiting for you should it happen again. Almost.

But when you close in on your usual table, your steps falter. Jeongguk sits where he normally does, but he isn't studying. In fact, he hasn't even taken his laptop out from his bag. 

There he sits, dressed in another large black hoodie with a girl on his lap. She's sitting comfortably on his thick jean-clad thighs, one leg on each side and her hands resting at the back of his neck.