15| Lead on and Kissed

Start from the beginning

"I don't think so... He was pretty mean to me. He also tried to get back at me through you." He tells me as he pats my back. I just don't seem to understand what is going on. But I do want them both to be friends again.

"Swapna is the bad person here. She is the one who came in between you both." I try to reason. But Aarav shut me out.

"Dhruv doesn't think that way. He feels that she is the nicest person in the world. But she is not. Things will be fine when he understands that." He tells me as he plays with my hands.

"Hmm," I answer. He takes my hand and kisses the back of it.

"I didn't want to spoil the mood. " He tells me with a pitiful smile. I brush it off easily.

"It's ok, but can we get ice cream!" I ask him to cheer him up.

"Anything for my baby!" He tells ruffling my hair.

"It took me a long time to set my hair," I shout back at him, but you know I love it when he does that.

"It's ok, I know you like it when I do that." He tells me. We both get up and make our way down. I ask for him to take out the bike rather than the car.

The bikes are the best to ride at night. It's breezy and heavenly.

We get on the bike and make our way to the nearby ice cream shop. The first date is the best.

Dhruv POV:

I sat beside her in the car. It's been an hour since she has fallen asleep. We are at the parking lot of her apartment and I don't want to wake her up. I still can't believe she decided to call me about what has happened. I still remember the call.

I was editing my video for a college project. Just then my phone rings and it says bitch xoxo. Yes! I saved her number like that. She always gets on my nerves. She is talkative, chatty, has an obnoxiously high voice, and always trips. Man one clumsy woman she is. I chuckle at the memory of her getting her toe banged onto the table 5 times while we were trying to have lunch at Saumya's home.

I slowly picked up the call and I hear a sniffle on the other side.

"Did you make a kid cry?" is the first thing that comes to my mind.

"Noo! A pitched scream follows the call and by the sound of it, she is the one crying.

"What happened?" I ask her calmly.

"I fell down and twisted my ankle." She says in a meek voice, by the talk of it I could imagine a cute pout on he face as she scratches her nail against the nearby surface.

"Why did you call me?" I ask her genuinely curious as to why I was the one who got the call.

"Aye! Saumya is on her first date and even if Subbu is here he can't help me!" She tells me as if she is scolding me.

"Ok fine where are you?" I ask her.

"At the college. Come fast. It's paining a lot." She tells me cutting the call.

So that's what happened I picked her up, took her to the hospital and here I am with her in the car as she sleeps peacefully after crying a lot because of the pain.

I turn my seat and look at her. She moves a little and murmurs she is cold. I decrease the temperature of the ac and take off my jacket to put on her.

It's been so long since I cared for someone. She was the last person I cared for and I also loved that person so deeply. I know am never going to be capable of loving someone as much as I loved her. Everything would have gone great. It could have gone great. If only Aarav was away. If only he was in his sane mind to not do the shit he has done.