2| Bracelet and Love

Chapter 2

"There is a leaf stuck on your head dumbo," He snickers as he removes the leaf from my hair."What were you thinking?" He continues as he elbows me to the side.

"Idiot," I mutter and keep walking forward.

"Do you remember today is the day we met five years back?" he asks as we make our way to the parking lot. 

I totally forgot! 

I just send him a sheepish smile, and he gives me a yeah-understood-way-long-back-look. We get in the car and from the dashboard he pulls out a red-colored velvet case. I eye him quizzically.

"To mark our five years of friendship." He says handing me the box.

"You didn't have to!" I say nonetheless taking the box from him.

"It's not a lot but I hope you like it," he smiles as he urges me to open up the box. I take my time to open the box. A small card was inside along with two rose gold bracelets. I take the card to read what was on it.

'A beautiful gift for a beautiful girl.'

Oh, my word! These are freaking couple bracelets. These surely are couple bracelets. Each had a pendant with the initials of our names engraved on it.

" Aarav! These are beautiful," I mutter as I take the bracelet with S engraved on it. Aarav on the other hand takes the bracelet with his name engraved on it and fastens it to my hand.

"Oye! What are you doing? We will look like a couple." I whisper-yell as I try to remove it from my hand.

"So what? It's fine." He drags those words as he wears the bracelet with my initials on it. 

"You are something!" I snort as I feel this queasy feeling in the pit of my stomach. I fell all over again and this time even harder. Am a simple person to please and he is seriously doing a great job at that.  I fall for him each passing day!

Does he have feelings as well? Why do I feel special when beside him? I can feel my heart jumping out of my chest. 

I love him!

"Do you want to have dinner?" He asks me to which I pretty much nod my head. Am not that hungry, I just want to spend as much time as I can with him.

"Chinese or Indian?" He asks me again. Man! Why is he so considerate?!

"What do you want?" I cross-question him.

"You!" he says making me choke on my spit.

"What?" I shout at the top of my lungs.

"I mean – Am asking you!" He explains as I calm myself a bit after that mini heart attack. Did I hear it wrong? What the hell is wrong with me today?!

"Indian," I tell him. 

After some laughs and fun, we reach the nearby restaurant. We get down from the car and make our way to the entrance.

"After you Madame!" He says in his weird accent as he opens the door for me.

"Thank you, kind sir," I say as I enter the restaurant chuckling at his antics

We order our food after taking seats at the table near the window. The food comes in pretty fast. Before we could dig in, Aarav's phone starts ringing. That's when his persona takes a 180-degree twist.

"I need to go. It's urgent." He says as he calls the waiter to take away his order.

"Is something wrong?" I try to question but he is already paying for the food.

"Nothing to worry about. I will text you later." He says leaving me abruptly in between.

Is it an emergency? Did something happen? What the hell is wrong? I might just be overthinking, nothing is wrong. Right?

I completely lost my appetite at that stunt. But still, I can't waste my food, so I eat how much ever I can which is no more than a few bites, and leave the restaurant after getting the leftover food packed.

I see the bracelet dangling on my wrist the letter 'A' mocking me straight in the face. He could have explained a bit more. I don't know! I just didn't feel it was right.

With all these thoughts in mind, I make my way home.

"How was today darling?" My mom asks me as I enter the house. I place the food and my purse on the table and go give her a hug.

" Maa, am in a mess," I tell her into the hug.

"What happened my baby?" She says her hands going through my hair. Should I just tell her how I feel? I don't want to yet.

"I don't know maa, It feels all stuffy and weird," I mutter as I hug her even tighter.

"It's ok, baby. Everything will pass with time." She says her fingers still going through my brown locks.

My mom is everything to me. She is my mom, my dad, my love, and my friend. She is the most sweetest and caring person in my life. After I lost my dad at the age of 5 she became everything to me. Many said to give me up for adoption so she can marry someone new, but she could never ever give up on me. She loves me to every bit and piece and I love her even more.

That night though I was hurt a bit my mom was able to bring me back up even after not even knowing what happened. She is the most important part of my life and I will cherish her.

🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂

What do you think of Aarav so far?
No need to tell me Saumya's mom is the best!

How are you guys liking the book so far? Is it good?
There is more masala to come as we move forward. Tell me if I have to increase the length of the chapters as well. Plus, It's a double update you see!

If you like It please don't forget to vote and comment! Let the algorithm know it's a good book.

~Author