4| Help and Stuck

Chapter 4

As those words left my mouth I cupped them back soon enough. But Aarav's face had a whole different expression his face was gleaming with excitement as if I have said the right thing. First I get confused, second I think and third is when the wheels in my brain start moving, that's when I realize that he was talking about someone, a particular her in his life.

"Yes! That's what I wanna tell her. But not that aggressively she will run away." He says as if he is cracking a joke.

Why the fuck did I zone out at the wrong fucking time?

"What?" I try to form coherent words. I was not understanding anything but one thing is for sure he doesn't like me. 

The pain is just too much.

" What- what?" He asks but I try to think of something to cover up.

"You didn't tell her name," I say vaguely trying to remind myself of how he started the conversation. Little by little, I remember what he was talking about, and with each thought, I could hear a crack in my heart.

It's ok it's just a crush!

"Isha, I met her in my college." As those words left his mouth all the confusion I had shattered in seconds and reality hit in, faster than expected. Isha and Aarav sounds nice. Aarav and Saumya, doesn't even make sense. Maybe this is what Sara was saying. This is not that great, it's like all over again, losing someone you love. I feel hard to breathe. Man, it hurts in the chest. It hurts. But I need to keep my cool. He eyes me as if asking what's wrong.

"Why did you hide it from me?" I ask him acting my best to have my composure.

It's ok Saumya, shit happens.

"You are the first one am telling. Yesterday it was her who called me during our dinner, that is the reason I left. She wanted my help." He says with a lovely smile on his face, making it even harder to breathe.

"Oh." That is all I can muster up. 

This is not right!

"Is something wrong?" he asks me looking at me as if something bad happened. But in fact, something bad did happen- My heart is slowly starting to break into pieces again and again. Being stomped on again and again and again.

Am I being dramatic?

"Nah, am just hurt you didn't tell me." I try to cover up as much as I can.

" Am sorry! I had to wait till I confirm it myself." He says as he stands up from his place to give me a hug. But I on the other hand push him back and make him sit back in his place. He doesn't quite understand why am pushing him back but nonetheless sits down.

"So, tell me more about her," I ask digging my own grave pretty well. I shouldn't have asked that it will just hurt me more. But I need to show him am not phased.

"She is sweet, pretty, and kind. I like her a lot." He tells me playing with the salt container on the table, with the sweetest smile ever.

"So, when do you plan to tell her?" I ask him, fidgeting with my phone's case.

"That's what I wanted to ask- Will you help me propose to her?" His question just throws me off-guard. Why the fuck do I get stuck in stuff like these. Ugh what do I do?

No, I will end up hurting more.

"My help, What would I know." I laugh or more like try to. Nothing proper seems to come out of this mouth and here he is asking on the top questions.

" Don't you read romantic books back and forth? Put it to good use for once." He says making me choke on my food. Lots of chocking today and really not in a good way.

Ouch.

"Am not romantic at all." I laugh as I drink water and try to calm myself down for the 400th time today. Man, this is taking a toll on my mental health for sure.

"Hey! Don't say that please help your friend. I really need it" He says by now pushing his chair beside me and nudging my shoulder.

"Okay fine," I say giving in super easily, now I can't let him know of my feelings anyway. But why does stuff like this happen to me?

I am dumb.

As I mourn in my state he hugs me saying you are the best.

Another stomp right on my heart.

And that's how he drops me off after our so-called favorite restaurant expedition. I feel like a broken guitar, the strings loose and sounding super off-key.

I make my way into my room. Mom is not here yet she is off to work and will be late. But something perks up my ears, a sizzling sound and amazing smells from the kitchen, that's how I knew there is a certain someone in our kitchen. I know who it is already.

"Nani!" I jump on her once I enter the kitchen. She is my mother's mother who was supposed to come tomorrow but Hey! am not complaining at all! her for coming early.

" Mama and Nana are out they will come soon," She says as she cooks up the perfect meal for everyone. Though I ate with Aarav, there is nothing wrong with eating the beautiful meal prepared by her. Not going to lie, she and my mom's hands have some weird magic whatever they cook ends up so so perfect. While me on the other hand either the food is burnt or the kitchen is burnt or best of all – My hands are burnt. That is the reason I only stick to music.

"How was the journey?" I ask her as I climb up the counter and seat myself just a few feet away from the stove.

"Your Nana broke his back trying to lift the suitcases. I asked him so many times to call for a coolie, but in urgency to save 10 rupees he pulled the suitcase as if he was 20 years old, but his back turned out to be 80 years, now we can't blame him can we." She saying being the snarkiest woman ever. I don't mean it in the wrong way. She has the best diss for people, if you are on the receiving end it will make you cry and if you are not you will laugh and that's what I did!

" Is he fine now?" I ask in between the laughs taking a huge bite from the apple I took five minutes back.

"Oh! Why wouldn't he? Age is what is going up for him, not his IQ." She disses him again as I try to contain my laughter.

"You started again. Didn't even leave my granddaughter alone," My grandpa says once he comes in.

"Hi, Nanu!" is say as I hug him tight.

"Hello! My Bacha!" He says as he hugs me tight too.

But behind him stands my mom, with the angriest expression on her face.

Oh No! Am screwed!

🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂

What do you think Saumya did? It's not easy to stay alive after you make your brown mother angry!

Please make it out alive Saumya, I need you to run the story.

Let's see how things go!

Until then stay tuned!
Don't forget to vote my dears! and also comments!

~Author