15| Lead on and Kissed

Chapter 15

"Do you still talk to him?" Aarav asks me as he plays with my hair.

"Not much..." I lag because I was lying. Don't get me wrong I already told him I was back with Aarav but he became such a good friend in our group. Me, Shruthi, Shubham, and Dhruv hang out a lot together as friends. Though the occasional bickering between Shruthi and Dhruv is ongoing, they are ok in a room without harming each other. That's a win.

"What is he asking?" Aarav asks as I type out the message for Dhruv.

"He is with Shruthi and apparently she fell asleep in his car, he doesn't want to wake her up just yet so he is asking for her address," I say finding those messages weird. He is caring for Shruthi? They fight like dogs!

"He likes her," Aarav says exhaling a deep breath.

"Stop, joking!" I tell him after I finish texting.

"No! Babe, it's the truth. He is someone who cares a lot for the person he likes. Could go to any extent." He tells me.

"Wahh! That's sweet." These words come out of the mouth without a second thought.

"Hey! Am pretty caring too!" He tells me making a pout.

Don't do that my heart can't handle it!

"That's why am dating you," I say pulling his nose.

"You better not leave me." He says giving me a hug. But the question that has been bugging me from the start makes its way.

"What happened between you and Dhruv?" I ask him pulling back from the hug.

He gives out an exasperated sigh.

"It's that- Ahh." He fumbles to tell me.

"It's ok to take your time," I tell him as I brush my fingers through his hair.

I hope I get an answer soon.

"No, you deserve to know." He tells straightening himself, while I sit properly indicating am all ears too.

"A few years back we had a common friend- Swapna, and Dhruv loved her with all his heart. He did so many things for her. But Swapna didn't like him back. She kind of led him on too. In the end when he told her his feelings. She rejected saying, she loves me the most which was a lie. He was ok with that and didn't bother. But I on the other hand was angry. Angry that she broke my best friend's heart, angry that she used my name in the middle. I did my best to make her take back her words, but she ended up leaving abroad. Dhruv was heartbroken after knowing what happened. He holds a grudge against me for making her leave." He tells letting go of another breath.

I look at him confused as to why things do not add up. I remember Dhruv telling me at the restaurant that Aarav broke someone's heart, but here Dhruv is the one who seems to have a broken heart. I sigh at his words. Not knowing what to say. I look him in the eyes. He looks back at me.

"I don't know, What Dhruv has told you about this, but one thing is for sure- He is not someone who can talk about Swapna as freely as me. He thinks it's all my fault when I wasn't even present in the story." Aarav finally breathes out.

"Dhruv told me nothing," I tell him which is the truth, he never told me about Swapna. All he ever told me way Aarav is the bad guy. It's understandable because he feels that Aarav is bad, he came in between both of them.

I give him a tight hug, he doesn't deserve all that hate.

"If the misunderstanding clears, will you both be friends?" I ask him still hugging.