One more chance

„ Could this be too big for him ... I mean he is only a couple of weeks only" Aang held up a small onesie. It was a dark purple colour.

" Well you can buy it now and then wait until he grows into it." He said as you looked sheepishly around the kids store. He was happy.

His love life with Toph was fantastic. The sex was good and the conversations between them felt more relaxed, much more comfortable then they used to. He spend a lot of time with her over those last weeks. They have been mostly eating food together , going out and just talk about their everyday life. Sometimes they would even talk about their life together, what the future might look like or what plans and goals they have. They shared everything and everytime he salsas her , the more he fell in love with her. How could he ever live without her.

" You know what ... I will buy it !!" Aang determinedly said. " I think it's cute and I want my little air bender or water bender or both ... wait that doesn't work right ? I mean I'm the only guy then can bend multiple stuff ... but yk maybe -" Aang got interrupted by a familiar voice.

" Hey ... Sokka ..." she stood right in front of him.

He didn't say her for a long time. Not since the divorce. They didn't keep in touch and it felt awkward to be friends with her since he was dating Toph. Yet here she was , standing here , after all those years. She looked at him innocently. Her big eyes just stared right into his , he didn't know what to say in situations like these. He just stared which seemed like forever.

" I need to go." The avatar disappeared. The so called symbol of peace vanished , just like the avatar before him.

" Can we ... talk ?" His ex wife asked in a cute voice.

" I don't think that , that's a good idea. I'm dating Toph now ..." he said as he walked out of the store to catch some fresh air. The sun was just setting and the sky was painted in orange and baby blue. 

She couldn't help but follow him. " let me explain ... please." She begged him.

He looked back at her , clearly with an uncomfortable face expression yet he stayed calm. He gazed away her face , she looked so sad that he felt sorry for a moment. Maybe there was a chance that those two could be friends again. They have been friends before so maybe she change , for the better. He took a heavy breather " Fine , but let's walk ... I don't wanna arrive home late." He agreed to her request.

Her eyes started to sparkle and a huge grin formed on her lips. She made her makeup and wore a cute mini dress. Perfect for the warm weather. She truly looked amazing as her hair shined as the sun rays hit them. " I just wanted to explain myself, I have been going to therapy lately and see what mistakes I made. I just want to make things up to you , that's it. I wanna finally be in peace with myself." She explained calmly.

He continued walking as she talked a bit more about her life. " I'm happy for you. I can see that you seem to be a lot calmer." He said as he smiled at her.

" I am happy ! Thank you. I have also been thinking about our marriage..." she laughed. " We were so young." She blushed as she tucked a hair strand away.

He couldn't resist laughing as well. " Yeah we were young but you know ... sometimes young people do dumb stuff without thinking twice." He said. He walked up to his house. He stood at the entrance as he listened to his ex wife.

" Yeah maybe we were dumb yet ... I thought about it a lot before we got married and I don't regret it , at all.... I kinda miss it ... I miss us. I mean how can you not miss it." A few tears rolled down her face. " are you dating Toph to make me jealous? Or to make me want you more ? Because it's working." Her voice started to crack.

" No ... I always liked Toph and I'm sorry. I even liked her when we got married but I ignored my feelings and that was stupid. I was stupid. I should have told you that and broke of the marriage. I just wasn't even honest with myself but I see my mistakes now and I learned from them." He explained. They both just stood there , he didn't know what to do as Suki began to cry more.

" Why ? What does she have what I don't have ? Is she prettier or better then me. I don't understand, I just .... I don't know what I did wrong." She cried.

" Nothing is wrong with you ... I just like certain things about Toph. Her personality and just the small things she does , it just feels different being around her. Something I never felt with you. I never had that ... spark." He answered. " Suki this is going no where and it's completely over between us. It's better to part ways. It's better for you and me." He was about to go inside his door but felt her arms wrapped around him.

" Don't leave me !!! Give me one more chance!!! We don't have to tell Toph !!! I can keep secrets, our love can be a secret." She screamed as she cried harder.

" let me go Suki ..."

" never !!!"

He turned around to push her off his body yet she already saw this coming and jumped on him. She clung onto his neck and pulled him towards her face , the last thing he felt were her lips on his.