: balcony :

She stood where her heart got shattered. Sokka told her that he was planning to marry Suki and that she already said yes. The wedding would be in two month and hundreds of people are going to be there , celebrating the couple of the year. She leaned onto the balcony fence. She would always imagine how the view would look like. She wished to one day see it or at least see the person that broke her heart. Some tears started rolling down her cheeks again. She suppressed them even though she felt like crying it all out for days , everyday. The thought of having such strong emotions for someone else then Sokka ,scared her. She didn't even want to imagine to get hurt that badly again only because her feelings got to be stronger then her mind again. She lost many people along her way and only a few stayed. Sokka would be probably the next one that would leave and nothing frightened her more then that.

She grabbed a small envelope. Her fingers were carefully touching the pice of paper. She felt something engraved in it and a smell of perfume. Suki's special scent that she always wore. He gave that invitation to Toph , he read it for her , hoping that she would accept the invitation to his wedding. She just held that piece of paper. She couldn't even read it but was the first letter she couldn't let go of. She accepted the invite , even being happy for Suki , how lucky she was marrying someone as caring as Sokka. He held her hand , hugged her and gave her all those small kisses. Toph would only stand there , noticing everything that's going on , even when they kissed in secret , feeling it with her bare feet. Every time it would break her heart a bit more.

-

" What are you doing here all alone by yourself ?" Aang asked while he slowly walked up to the wooden balcony.

" Twinkle toes." She sighed , annoyed by his presence as she really wanted some fresh air and time for herself " I told you that I don't like it if you wander around the house. It makes me wanna kick your face." She nervously put the invitation back into her pocked , as he moved closer. Also leaning on the balcony fence.

He was now grumpy " I told you not to use that name... " He whined " Even the major is calling me like that now .... Thanks to you !" He continued whining.

She laughed, it felt good. Her and Aang became really close , best friends. They would talk about their hopes and dreams. Training together or going out for some food after a mission has become a habit. The only thing they didn't talk about were their love problems. " It's your fault. You shouldn't mess with a Beifong." She smiled.

He laughed with her " What are doing here all alone... probably not enjoying the view." He teased her while getting shivers that she might beet him up for that joke.

" Ah yeah ? What are you doing ? Still being a mega simp for Katara ?" She teased him back while the two started laughing at the same time.

She missed that. After the war she would spend lots of time with Aang but more with Sokka. Back then Sokka would spend nearly everyday with her , making her laugh , holding her when she had to ride on Appa and going with her on all kinds of missions. She would get out of bed , dress up and there he would stand. The annoying yet cute non bender that would wait every single morning for her in front of her room. They would spend the day together and then he would bring her back to her bedroom in the evening, to make sure that she is arriving home safe. Since he got engaged she never felt his presence at her door again. It felt unusual to her. Everyday she would wake up and he would be there , by her side. Now he wasn't and she never felt such an emptiness as now. She would wake up and put her feet on the floor , hoping that one day she could feel it again , feel how he was standing in front of her door , waiting patiently for get to come out.

" You look like me every time I think about Katara." Aang softly smiled as he looked of the balconies view.

" What are you talking about." She asked him as she didn't understand what he was implying.  He continued chuckling but his smile faded quick.

" You are in love with someone but it seems impossible to be with that someone..." The avatar rested his chin on his hand while looking over to Toph. " Oh and by the way ... your cheeks are blushing." He grinned.

" I just have a cold !" She balled her fist together and ran after the avatar that fled from the rage of a Beifong. She used all of his four elements to get away from her but everyone knew that she will get you eventually.

-

Later that night , she fought about Aang's words. They were stuck in her head. Sure , she really wanted Sokka but if he was happy with Suki then they should be together. She didn't want to be the reason of their break up. She knew that he would hate her for that and that's the last thing she ever wanted. She pulled out that invitation again. The thought about it a lot. Should she even come to his wedding. He was marrying another women and she was in love with him. Why should she celebrate him for marrying someone else ? Why wasn't he marrying her ? Tears started forming again. She cried into her pillow till she fell asleep by crying too much. That how she would fall asleep the fastest now.

Her eyes got heavy " I hope that I will one day get over you." She fell asleep.