- yes -

" Sokka ?" Her voice cracked. She looked worried and her smile slowly disappeared.

" Suki ..." he said again , taking a deep breath as he still held her hands tight. " You are one of the people I trust the most." He looked at her. " I could have never imagined to be lucky enough to marry you one day and I hope that I am the man of your dreams." He said but his heart hurt. His chest got tighter but he didn't figure out why. The words that came out of his mouth were loving and sounded happy but he wasn't believing his own words. He didn't love her that way. I liked her a lot but he didn't want to be with her.

He felt guilty , more then guilt. He thought about how Toph felt , them getting married in front of her and saying the vows. Then he imagined how he would feel if he had to witness her getting married. His chest hurt more. It was unbearable. He gazed over to Toph for one last time , just a quick look. He wanted to know how she felt , did she love him too. Was this wedding a mistake. He questioned everything even if he shouldn't. He couldn't hold back anymore. He wanted to be with Toph. He wanted to kiss her one last time , feel her soft lips on his. The familiar scent that Toph had , smelling like the autumn wind. He remembered. She was often outside , practicing what she loved the most , bending. Sometimes it rained but that never bothered her from training even harder. He remembered the countless times she got sick because of it and he took care of her. He always looked out for her.

His mind shifted. He thought about the moment were he asked Suki to marry him. Days after him and Toph kissed. He freaked out , feeling guilty for cheating on Suki so he ran to the next jewellery store and bought a ring. He didn't knew how to handle his emotions but he knew that he didn't want to loose his girlfriend at that time. The beach. He build a sand statue of her and called her to have a look at it. She agreed to come down to the beach and wasn't only surprised by the statue but also by his proposal. She immediately said yes and for a moment the world seemed perfect. It changed when he told Toph about it. He never forgot the look on her face. He hated himself for being the one that made her feel so awful , he wanted to hold her and never let go.

-

Suki smiled again as she looked into his eyes.

" Suki , will you marry Sokka and stay by his side for the rest of your life ?" Iroh asked her.

" Yes ,I will !" She said full of joy.

" and Sokka will you marry Suki and stay by her side for the rest of your life ?" Iroh asked.

He remembered the time were he felt so lonely. Toph and him didn't really talk after the proposal. They hung out every single day of their life but from one day to another it changed. Cold turkey. They never saw each other. She avoided him and he understood perfectly well why she did it. He knew that the whole situation between him and Suki killed her but so did it have a huge affect on him. He woke up , everyday , thinking about her , missing what they had and wishing to go back in time for just a second. That one second that would have reminded him of what he had lost.

When Iroh asked the final question , his heart dropped. This was it. This was the moment he waited for. What should he do. It felt like the moment was going by in slow motion. He couldn't focus , his mind was somewhere else. His feelings too.

-

" Yes ,I will." He finally said.

"And now by the power vested in me by www.you canmakeweddingsgreattoo123.com , it is my honour and delight to declare your as married. You may kiss the bride." Everyone cheered as the two kissed. The wedding band played cheerful songs as some still applauded and went up to congratulate them. They celebrated the married couple as one person just sat there. She was still calmly sitting next to Mai. Her hands were folded on her legs as she smiled softly.

She wasn't moving

She wasn't crying

Her heart didn't break.

No

It shattered into a million peaces

and the emptiness the felt before was much more intense.

She felt nothing, just the void that consumed her.