A suit

He looked at himself in the mirror. 'Damn I look handsome' he thought to himself while he still stared into the huge mirror in front of him. He wore a dark blue suit that was hand made for this special day. Traditional water tribe symbols were carved into the suit which should remind him were he is from. Next to it some medals of honour that he gained after the war. He was proud of them and even more proud to wear this suit.He never dreamed to one day wear it but today he would finally get married , after all these years ,his dreams became reality. He stood in a small dressing room and next to him his best man , Aang.

It was his wedding day. The news talked about it , the people of the town were exited and the guest already arriving one by one for this big ceremony. There would be lots of food , with live music and drinks. He made sure that everyone would have a wonderful time at his wedding but the more he thought about it the less exited he got. Everyone would have a good time but he felt like he wouldn't. How could he ? He was marrying Suki instead of Toph but wasn't that what he wanted in the first place ? He chose Suki so why couldn't he just stay with her and be happy ? His head started hurting as he overthought it again. He looked offer to his best man , hoping that he would clear his head.

The expression on his face gave Aang every right to worry about him. " Sokka stop staring at yourself. I already told you that you look great." The avatar compliment him with a soft smile. " and the wedding will be wonderful."

Sokka smiled back but it soon faded. " Do you think that it's a good idea ?" He asked. " what do you mean..." Aang said. " You know exactly what I mean. I like Suki , I really do but ..." Sokka hesitated to finish his sentence, afraid what he might say next.

Aang looked at him , deep in thought he finally said " Sokka..." he paused. " Do you love Toph ?" He asked while still looking at him.

He hesitated again " I ... I don't think that I should answer that." He looked on the floor , shaking his head , in hope that it would clear his mind. He was thinking a lot about her , about everything. He wouldn't allow those thoughts to change his life decisions but they were still there.

" I understand but one day you will have to ask yourself that question and answer it. Maybe not today or tomorrow but one day ,when you and Suki already have children and live together , you might ask yourself that question and then it will be to late and your answer won't matter anymore. I know that it's difficult , love was never easy but do you really want to marry someone even though you have doubts ?" Aang gave him a concerned look before he slowly walked to the window , looking out of it. You could see the guest , waiting in a line to get into the city centre were the wedding would be. It was one of the oldest and most beautiful buildings in republic city , decorated with the most beautiful flowers. Perfect for an event like this one.

Someone banged at the door. It was Katara. She came in without bothering to ask for permission to enter . " what are you guys doing here ?! You have to greet our guests!" she analysed her brother's face before continuing to speak."what did you guys talk about ..." she asked whilst looking over to the avatar.

Aang turned red." Sokka will tell you." he pointed the finger to his best friend. While being to afraid to look at his girlfriend's face.

"It's nothing Katara." The soon to be husband answered and looked at his sister who gave him an ice cold look and left , rushing to the room next door were the bride was still getting ready.

" You shouldn't mess with her now... she is stressed as she wants this wedding to be perfect." A familiar voice said.

"Dad ..." He hugged his father who was busy admiring his sons suit. " You look like you are ready to start a new chapter in your life." He proudly said to his son while patting his back but soon noticed that Sokka just gave him a weak smile in respond. It hit him. This was it. This is going to be life changing but he never accepted that fact. His Father knew that something was wrong. Sokka managed to hide it for a long time but it seems like that the thoughts he wanted to bury , fully took over.

"Let's ... Let's just go downstairs. I think you need a little snack to handle all of if this ... maybe even a drink." He said to his son. The three guys walked downstairs and greeted the guest, having lots of small talk , receiving gifts and helping the staff to organise some last minute decorations.

Sokka tried to talk to as many people as possible but he froze on the spot when he saw her. It wasn't Suki and it wasn't Katara. It was Toph. She wore a more classy version of the dress when they first saw each other. A similar one when she was still living with her parents. Her black hair were tired into a bun yet it looked so different. Everything about her did. At this moment he noticed how long they haven't really seen each other , it seemed like she was a complete stranger to him. They would talk for hours but now , he couldn't even figure out how to start a conversation.

He was mesmerised.