𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒓𝒕𝒚 𝒔𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒏

faye, aisha and flora had taken a picture of the dead creature, a few more of the lab as well as a video.

"that's it?" bloom asked.

"yeah, we've got it." aisha replied.

"it looks like a pile of goo." bloom told them, her face trying to make out what it was.

"we have a video of rosalind's literal dungeon in the east wing." stella said to bloom.

"plus the book from her office." faye added, stella nodding in agreement.

"and let's not forget faye, flora, terra and i saw what she did to devin." stella spoke quietly.

"i don't know if that's enough. maybe we need more proof." bloom looked around anxiously.

"what more proof could we get though? bloom, we can wait, we won't have this many influential people together again." faye softly told the girl.

"i know, but what if we're wrong?" bloom asked. "rosalind knows that we broke silva out."

faye's face dropped. "what?"

the girls looked at each other in panic. "we have to take her out." aisha resorted.

"no, that's the thing, she hasn't told anyone." bloom told her. "and she said she's not going to tell anyone, and i..."

"you what?" faye almost shouted. "you believe her?"

bloom quietened. "i know that i shouldn't, but i... i do... i believe her."

faye and stella scoffed.

"it's complicated." the fire fairy sighed.

"hm. it's actually pretty simple." stella paused. "cliché even. an outsider all your life. get a taste of the inner circle and can't get enough."

"you don't know what you're talking about." bloom looked at stella angrily.

"i know exactly what. i lived it." stella snapped. "you seem to forget that this was my life. your fifteen minutes are gonna get people killed."

bloom scoffed as if stella was wrong.

"if you won't do the right thing, we will." faye glanced back at stella and moved closer to bloom, before walking away into the dining area.

stella's uncle stopped speaking when faye stepped into the room, stella right by her side.

"rosalind is not who she seems." stella began to talk about what had happened to devin.

"after she tortured him in her lab, after stealing his magic, rosalind let that student die in her office." faye spoke loudly, eyes all over her.

people muttered throughout the room. "devin deserved better." stella added. "solaria deserves better."

the room was silent for a moment until rosalind spoke, making everyone's heads turn towards her. "i hate to break protocol, but there may be a few minor inconsistencies with miss silva's and her highness's theory."

devin came up behind rosalind, and faye's eyes widened. "devin." faye whispered, glancing at stella.

rosalind began to walk into the room. "about a month ago, my friend mayor quinn called me. two fairies, recently released from their studies at alfea, went missing in blackbridge." she placed her hand on the mayor's shoulder. "they were found days later, catatonic. bitten. i offered my help. but until we found answers, he swore me to secrecy. he didn't want to cause a panic."

rosalind began to move around the room again. "i have to admit, i was stumped until i borrowed a text from the royal archives." she took the book that devin was holding. "with arthur's permission. in it, i found an ancient creature called a scraper." the book made a thud as she dropped it on the table. "a native of the realm of darkness. it feeds on magic. i realised that's what had happened to those poor fairies."

some guards rolled out something that had a large box on top of it. confused murmurs were heard from the room.

people began to gasp once the scraper showed itself by trying to escape from the box. faye and stella stood back slightly. "i've been studying a scraper here at the school since we captured it. it wasn't until devin was found that i got the answers that i needed." rosalind looked over at the boy. "i was able to bring him back from near death. all thanks to benjamin harvey's daughter, who discovered an amalgam that was able to revive all three fairies, i probed their minds and the picture became clear. the scrapers were being called upon by a blood witch."

faye looked at stella in shock. "the fuck." she muttered.

people in the room gasped in shock and horror. "our old foes have discovered how to steal our magic. if blood witches continue using these scrapers, fairy magic, therefore fairies, will cease to exist."

rosalind let out a tut, looking at faye and stella directly. "clearly, despite my efforts to keep my investigation secret, some of you sensed danger and took action. your courage will be needed in the coming days, as we face our real enemy."

faye turned to look at bloom, flora and aisha, a still look on her face.

"thank you for joining us here. students, for now, you are dismissed." rosalind finished calmly. faye and stella shamelessly turned around and left the room, the other girls following behind.

"except you bloom." rosalind said.