𝒐𝒏𝒆

faye sighed as she got out of her bed, this was her first day as a first year. she was nervous, to say the least, faye knew she wouldn't have trouble making friends as she already had them due to living at alfea for basically her whole life, but the feeling in her stomach wouldn't go away.

she was already way ahead of the other first year specialists because of her father saul silva, the specialist's headmaster and sky who was practically her brother due to her father taking sky in when his father, andreas died. sky was her favourite person, they grew up together, trained together you name it.

"faye!" sky shouted from the hallway.

"yes?" she shouted back, walking to her door and peaking her head out of the frame.

"hurry up and get ready, i'm meeting riven soon." he told her.

"alright give me ten minutes." she said, walking over to her dresser.

faye quickly chose an outfit and carried on getting ready, she sighed as she thought about riven. he hadn't spoken to her all summer, he and sky still saw each other but faye was never invited to hang out with them, she didn't mind that much it just meant she had more time to herself. her and riven used to be best friends, ever since sky and riven became friends faye and riven just clicked. faye, riven and sky were the perfect trio they always got along, except when riven was being a dick.

the girl grabbed her bag from a chair in her room and exited her bedroom, meeting sky in the kitchen.

"good morning, faye." her dad smiled, walking over to her and pulling her into. a side hug and kissing her on the head.

"good morning, dad." she said hugging him back.

"want some breakfast before we go?" sky asked her.

faye shook her head. "no thank you." she smiled.

...

faye and sky arrived at the courtyard, the two instantly began talking to some friends, well sky's friends. faye looked around to try and find riven, but with no luck, she pulled herself back into the conversation. after way too much talking sky's friends left the two alone, she noticed sky staring at someone.

"who are you staring at?" she asked, nudging him. he didn't reply.

she followed his eyes and saw him staring at a red-headed girl.

"she's pretty." faye said, smiling at him.

the girl began to walk away.

"come on." he told faye.

"wait-" she sighed realising he wasn't going to wait. "okay i'm coming." she shouted.

sky walked next to the girl. "wow. you are so lost." he told her. "i'm impressed with your confidence in the face of complete ignorance."

"sky that's not how you talk to girls." faye rolled her eyes. "i taught you better than this."

sky looked down at faye giving her a look which pretty much meant for her to be quiet.

"issue is, you're overcommitted. i mean, you're essentially running." he continued. "and now that i'm here, you can't give me the satisfaction of turning around-" he tried to finish but the girl interrupted him.