Chapter 3

As soon as I was out of our neighborhood, I slowed down. I'm glad I finished my food this morning or I'd be starving because I have 50$ and no place to stay.

I didn't know what my mom meant 'we shouldn't have chosen her anyway' what the fuck you gave birth to me, how could you choose me. As I got to a park I was panting, out of breath, and sweaty.

I walked around for a while more, I found a bench so I rested on it. It was cold since it was in the middle of fall, and everyone was calm today was a Saturday so there wasn't school or work for most people.

I grabbed my water bottle and drank some water, I'd have to refill it soon from one of these public fountains, even though they aren't the cleanest.

I don't know anyone that would help, I haven't met any of my relatives, I don't have any friends, and if it isn't obvious I don't have any siblings. I wish I was a social person, but unfortunately, I am not.

"Are you ok my dear?" Said a mysterious voice.

"Oh Uhm yeah I'm fine," I answered. The stranger sat beside me.

"I'm sorry for asking, it was just that you look like you have been running, you are alone, and you have a bloody nose," they said.

"Oh no it's okay, I'm alright don't worry," I said. Only if they knew that I wasn't okay at all. But I couldn't tell a stranger that I came out to my parents, then my dad punched me and kicked me out.

"Can I help you with your nose? I have some tissues," she said getting a tissue packet out of her bag.

"It's okay use it," she handed me the packet, I got one out and wiped my nose. I cleaned my nose making sure I also got the dried blood.

"Thank you..." I didn't know her name.

"It's Elizabeth, you can call me Lizzie," she said slightly shocked. I am not so sure why she was shocked.

"Thanks, I'm Davina, you can call me anything you like," I said matching the way she had introduced herself.

"Your welcome Sweetheart," she said. It was probably the first time anyone had called me by a nickname. It was nice.

Elizabeth well Lizzie was still sitting beside me looking at people busy with their lives not bothering to check on a teenager as she did. She is wearing a brown denim jacket underneath it she is wearing a striped white shirt, black pants, and cross-black purse, and oval sunglasses.

 She is wearing a brown denim jacket underneath it she is wearing a striped white shirt, black pants, and cross-black purse, and oval sunglasses

"What are you thinking about sweetheart?" her soft delicate voice brought me out of my staring session. I should probably stop doing that.

"Nothing much really," I lied. Even though I had a lot to think about I just wanted to take a second to stay a kid and then think about food, water, and shelter.

"Alright sweetheart, I hope I helped you a little. Stay safe okay." She said.

"Okay, you stay safe too." She gave me a genuine smile and headed to her destination. I took a deep breath in and thought about what I should do for the rest of this week who knows how long I can make it? I definitely won't be going to that dance with dirty clothes so that is off the list.

"Davina you can do this," I said to myself. Although I stopped talking to myself cause I would look like a weirdo talking to herself. 

Amelia POV (Davina's Mom)

I closed the door after Davina left. I made my way back to the kitchen island. Zyan was sitting there looking at his knuckles.

"It's okay," I said moving closer to him.

"I know. But what if she tells the police?" He questioned.

"She won't. Besides, she doesn't even know we were fostering her. We are okay," I said.

I got closer to him and started cleaning his cuts. When I finished he pulled me close to him between his legs.

"I don't think having children is for us," he stated. I had the same thought.

"Yeah, I feel the same. It's better just you and I against the world."

Zyan looked at me with so much love as the first day we met. I leaned down and connected our lips in a passionate kiss, which grew rougher and harder by the second.