|Part 5|: Learning

I still don't know much about humans, I don't know much about their words. I want to know more.

Mother and Hiro have been visiting more often, I hope I can learn somethings Taka can't teach me from them.

I need to learn pronouns, is that the correct word? It's words like he and him, there should be others.

Hiro came over with some mini human books as a gift for Taka, they used to be his when he was mini. He didn't know what I liked so he gave me a different book, problem is, I can't read many words. I don't understand what the book is about, opening it has more words that I don't understand.

We were in the bedroom as father and mother talked, Taka was reading hes books with Hiro as I tried to find any words I understand in the book. I can only see some and the rest I don't know.

"How is the book big brother?" Taka asked.

"...I don't know." I responded.

"What is it about?"

"I don't know."

"Why do you not know?"

"I don't understand words."

"Oh woops." Hiro said. "I should've known you can't read very well..."

"You can't read!?" Taka was surprised.

"Yes."

"Um...I can teach you!"

"Yeah! Taka will teach you!" Hiro said.

"How?"

"Let's use my new books! Let's start with this one! It has the alphabet and animals that start with the letters in order!"

"Al...pha...bet?"

"You don't know what that is?"

"Should I?"

"I don't think so, papa says people learn at different times! Let's start with that first before we learn animals!"

Taka taught me the alphabet, it consists of 26 letters.

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z.

Those letters.

It has a song.

The song is fun.

Once I know the alphabet, I learn about animals.

A is for ant.

B is for bear.

C is for cat.

D is for dog.

Dog.

That's the animal I found to get yen.

I like dogs.

E is for elephant.

F is for frog.

G is goat.

And it keeps going on until Z.

I learned alot.

Taka and Hiro taught me more, there's many things to learn. Even with their help, I still have alot of learning to do, especially about humans, they don't turn their head backwards.

"Hey, Kiyoyo!" Hiro said.

"...Kiyoyo? My name is Kiyondo."

"Oh, I called you Kiyoyo as a nickname! Like how you call me Hiro when my name is Yasuhiro. Can I call you that?"

"Ok."

"Great! So, Kiyoyo, do you want to go to school? The teachers there will teach you more!"

"I want to go to school, but I'm too big for Taka's school."

"Well, you seem old enough for my school."

"Can I go to your school?"

"You can! But...you have to wait for next year. It's in the middle of the school year currently."

"So I can go next year?"

"Yeah! I'll ask mom to enroll you."

"Mom? Who is mom?" Taka asked.

"Erm."

"Oh! Do you mean papa's special friend? She's going to be our new mama?" Taka asked.

"Uh, yeah!" Hiro answered.

"Yay! We're a full family now!"

They taught me more things before mother and Hiro had to leave.

I hope new year comes soon.

I want to go to school.