|Part 6|: Moving

It's the summer, the time when Taka and Hiro is out of school. Summer happens before the new school year so I'll be able to go to school after it.

During summer, families go on holiday to relax and spend time with eachother. Our family does the same.

Our holiday is a picnic trip, we are having it on a green hill. The scenery on the hill was nice, there were flowers around with many different colors. I can see many things from a taller place, everything looks small from afar.

For a picnic, we sit on a big mat and eat food. I haven't eaten any food yet and the food we prepared looks tasty. They let me eat the food, it tastes good, I like it, I want more food.

Father and mother are talking alot with eachother, they enjoy eachother's company alot. I get to see father smile more clearly because of it, him being happy makes me happy.

Taka was running around, he seemed happy just jumping and rolling around in the grass. He wasn't far so we could watch over him, father would always call to him whenever he went to far and the kid would run back quickly.

Spending time with the family outside of the house feels nice, having the wind hit my face is a nice feeling. The dark pathways had wind too but they were cold and uncomfortable, this wind is warm and happy.

"Kids." Mother said which caught our attention, Taka ran over and sat down back on the mat. "Me and your dad have exciting news."

"What news mama and papa?" Taka asked.

"We're moving." Father replied.

"Wait...moving as in...moving house?" Hiro asked.

"Yep! We're moving to a new house! One that can hold the entire family!"

"Yay! A new house!" Taka was happily jumping up and down.

"Wait, really!?" Hiro was surprised. "I thought we couldn't afford a new house."

"With my debts paid and help from my co workers, we managed to get it to work." Father answered.

"Wait, you already paid off the debts dad?"

"I had some help but yes, now it's your turn to do the same."

"Aw...dad..."

...

Debt?

What is that?

Is that why father has been working so hard?

Since they're paid now, he shouldn't have to overwork himself anymore.

He can get his much needed rest!

"When are we moving?" Taka asked.

"This weekend, me and pop has already packed up most of the things. Now you three kids have to pack your own luggage."

"Oh! I wanna pack now!"

"Calm down son, the picnic isn't done yet. We wouldn't want to waste all this food we made right?" Father said.

"Oh, okay!"

We had our picnic and got back home, mother and Hiro still live outside of the apartment so they went to their old place to pack. Taka imidiately went to pack up all of the things he wanted to bring with him, father helped him throughout.

I don't have any valuables so I didn't need to get anything, hopefully I can get some soon.

The weekend came and we moved to the new house, most of our most important things were with us in the car while the rest were in a moving truck. Once we got there, Taka jumped out of the car and we soon followed.

"Wait..." Taka said as he looked at the house. "Is this?"

"Yes." Father answered. "It's our old home."

"You got it back!?" Taka ran over to hug father. "Our old home! We can live in it again!"

"Yes we can!" Father hugged him back.

...

I want a hug from father...

"Big brother Kiyondo!" Taka said running over to hug me after he was done with father. "This used to be our old house and now it's our current!"

"That's nice." I answersd hugging Taka too, father looked at me with that same expression again...

We unpacked our things and explored the house, it was alot bigger than the apartment but it was still quite small. There were 4 bedrooms, one for the parents and the rest was for the kids. Taka told me there used to be only two bedrooms.

I looked into my room and it was empty with only a few shelves, a bedside table, a desk, a chair, a closet and a bed. The walls were painted white and all of the furniture was wood. That's fine with me, I can decorate it the more I live here.

It will take a few days to get everything inside and ready so after a long day of unpacking, the family went to bed. Laying on my new bed felt nice, it's better than on the floor. I didn't have any blankets yet but my body heat is enough for me.

I slept.

...

"How is #######?"

"Well, I'm sad to say he's in ######## condition...he has to #### #### for a long time."

"How long will it take for him to #######?"

"It's too early to tell, it's a miracle we were able to keep him #####."

"Will...we ever be able to take him home...?"

"If things go perfectly then you can take your #### ### home in a few months."

"A few months...?"

"He's very #### in his current state, it will be ######### if he goes out too quickly..."

"..."

"I'm sorry for your situation, our ######## will do our best to save your ####."

"Please...#### #### of him."

"We will, you can ##### him anytime. He might be able to hear you."

*Beep beep beep*

...

What was that dream?

Who was talking?

Who is 'he'?

...

I noticed the hallway light was on through the creak of the door, I went over and opened it quitely, then the hallway light turned off. Father and mother's room was lit now and the door has just closed, are they awake?

I went over and leaned my head against the door.

"Why did we need four bedrooms again?"

"To fit all the kids and oursleves of course!"

"But, we only need three for that."

"We have three of them. You know, Kiyondo?"

"...we only have two."

"Kiyondo is still family dear..."

"But, he is...just..."

I stopped listening, I didn't want to hear what he says.

...

What did I do to upset father?

I don't want to upset him.

How do I not make him upset?

I want to be a good son.